FORUMS: list search recent posts

Anybody round-trip FCPX-Resolve 9 and get audio to play?

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Holmes
Anybody round-trip FCPX-Resolve 9 and get audio to play?
on Aug 17, 2012 at 8:51:15 pm

When I export XML file from FCP X and then import it into Resolve Lite 9, everything seems fine in Resolve 9: I can play clips in the the Conform, Color, and Deliver pages and hear audio in all.

I grade, then I render in the Deliver page, selecting ProRes 422. Audio is automatically selected for me, no choice (2 channels, 16 bits). After rendering, I then go to the destination folder and play the rendered .mov file (Info says it is a ProRes 422 file, which is what it should be). The color grading shows up, but I can not hear any audio.

Has anybody successfully done the FCPX--> Resolve Lite 9 round-trip and gotten the audio to play in the media from Resolve?

Return to posts index

Margus Voll
Re: Anybody round-trip FCPX-Resolve 9 and get audio to play?
on Aug 17, 2012 at 9:37:21 pm

I hear someone around here had the same problem.

--

Margus

http://iconstudios.eu

DaVinci 9, OSX 10.7.4
MacPro 5.1 2x2,93 24GB
GTX 470 / Quadro 4000
Multibridge 2 Pro

Return to posts index

Michael Holmes
Re: Anybody round-trip FCPX-Resolve 9 and get audio to play?
on Aug 17, 2012 at 10:20:16 pm

I am not sure how others do it, but I am thinking I need to change my work process, anyway.
I am going to try color grading all the files as soon as I import them into FCP X, and get color grading out of the way (hopefully).

I am shooting live bands, and I always detach the audio and process it in Pro Tools. I can detach it from the original ProRes 422 files. So, once I have color graded all the video, I can process the audio and set up projects for each song using graded clips and processed audio. Them multicam editing would come last. This way, I don't care about the audio out of Resolve.

There are probably problems with this work process, but I will give it a try. :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]