FORUMS: list search recent posts

BUG: import FCPX XML crashes Davinci to desktop.

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Chai
BUG: import FCPX XML crashes Davinci to desktop.
on Aug 15, 2012 at 4:23:15 pm

Specs: 10.6.8, Macpro 1,1, Ati 5770, FCPX 10.0.5

I have a simple FCP X XML sequence, less than 1 minute long. Every time I try importing into 9.0 B2, it crashed to the desktop immediately.
There are some titles and speed changes, but I don't even get the import settings screen. It crashes before selecting the media location.

file is here
4533_fashioncity.fcpxml.zip

I'll have to do an export and scene detect to finish this job quickly.

Thanks!
David Chai

-----------------
David Chai
Writer . Director
http://www.davidchai.com
dc@davidchai.com
212 363 0159

Return to posts index

Robbie Carman
Re: BUG: import FCPX XML crashes Davinci to desktop.
on Aug 15, 2012 at 6:37:47 pm

Resolve 9 requires 10.7.4 or 10.8 while it probably "works" in many situations I'd start with using a qualified OS. I actually upgraded from 10.7 to 10.8 for this release and everything has been going along great

Robbie Carman
----------------
Colorist and Author
Check out my new Books:
Video Made on a Mac
Apple Pro Training Series DVDSP
From Still To Motion
An Editors Guide To Adobe Premiere Pro

Twitter
Blog

Return to posts index

Dwaine Maggart
on Aug 15, 2012 at 8:49:46 pm

Hi David,

Your XML indeed crashes Resolve V9 beta 2. It's probably related to the speed changes in the file. I'll pass it along to the development team for evaluation.

Dwaine Maggart
Blackmagic Design DaVinci Support

Return to posts index

Mike Hsi
on Sep 27, 2012 at 5:16:56 pm

Is there an update on the crash fix for FCPX-XML to Resolve V9 beta 2? Indeed, the very same issue with the XML time changes in the timeline and Resolve crashes upon import.

thnx

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
on Aug 16, 2012 at 2:37:27 am

Frankly, I'm surprised that FCX runs on that MacPro, (a 1,1 with a 5770, no CUDA?) let alone R9.

I have been running R9 on OS 6.8 for awhile, and although I am seeing some audio issues possibly making things a little ragged, no loading problems.

But even Snow Leopard was such a near disaster for me that I am extremely reluctant to move along into Lion. I lost the use of my MacBook Pro for a couple of days and had to nearly completely rebuild it after "upgrading" from SL and of course lost several applications due to compatibility issues with the new OS. May as well have just loaded a destructive virus.

Is it APPLE corporate philosophy that we have to keep contributing to the big Plastic swirl in the Pacific on a continuing basis?

jPo

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]