FORUMS: list search recent posts

No Right-Click-Created Menu for Selecting Clips on the Deliver Page

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Jones
No Right-Click-Created Menu for Selecting Clips on the Deliver Page
on Aug 14, 2012 at 11:24:01 pm

On the Deliver page, no amount of right-clicking gets me any menu, or method of selecting a particular clip to render separately, set an In and Out point, etc. I have right-clicked the Timeline, the clips themselves, the space between the Timeline ruler and the active clip indicator, and nothing creates a menu.

Another bug seems to be in the Color page: although actually pulling down from the Node menu allows me to create an Outside node, hitting the keyboard shortcut of Option+U does not.

Any help with either of these issues would be appreciated. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
Re: No Right-Click-Created Menu for Selecting Clips on the Deliver Page
on Aug 15, 2012 at 4:21:08 am

Two possibilities...

Are you in source mode when attempting to export specific clips? Target mode makes clip selection irrelevant and only In/Out would be meaningful. You should almost always be able to right-click to select "just this clip".

Do you have an eligible node selected to ad an "outside node" to? It will need to be qualified in some way so there is an "inside" to begin with. Right clicking on an appropriate node should also present an option to add an outside node.

jPo

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index

Sascha Haber
on Aug 15, 2012 at 8:25:49 am

I think there is a problem with the interface and using a pen.
If you try to aim in the absolute center of a thumbnail it WILL open a popup menu.
If you miss is, you can see that the it moves the thumbneil proportionally to the direction you are off center.
The problem does not appear using a mouse.

A slice of color...

DaVinci 8.2.1 OSX 10.7.2
MacPro 5.1 2x2,4 24GB
RAID0 8TB
GTX 470 / Quadro 4000
Extreme 3D+

ICA Instructor
http://www.icolorist.com/Sascha.html

Return to posts index

Jason Jones
on Aug 15, 2012 at 1:00:29 pm

I understand that this seems not to be a common bug among V9 users, but I am absolutely sure: in Target Mode, or in Source Mode, with XML round-trips selected or not, regardless of any other setting in the Delivery page, THERE IS NO RIGHT-CLICK OPTION ON ANY PORTION OF THE TIMELINE OR ANY CLIP. Nothing.

Witih regard to the keyboard shortcuts, I have the impression from BM that the V9 keyboard shortcuts, while logical and well-designed, are not as stable as the V8 set, and I've been advised to return to the previous set for now.

Return to posts index

Jason Jones
on Aug 23, 2012 at 2:25:26 pm

Just a follow-up on this issue: Blackmagic has been looking into this for two weeks, looking at my system set-up, my project files, capture logs, etc. I may be the only one having this problem, but it does persist, even with beta3: I cannot right-click on any clip or portion of the timeline on the Deliver page, AND I cannot render out a timeline, only a random sample of the first four or five clips in the timeline.

It's a deal-breaker for me, and I'm going back to V8 today.

If anyone else has been experiencing problems with right-clicking on the Deliver page, please let us know!

Thanks-

Return to posts index

Anish Prithviraj
on Sep 10, 2012 at 10:23:31 am

Jason,

This should be fixed in the release build. Can you please confirm?

Thanks,
Anish

Return to posts index

Jason Jones
on Sep 10, 2012 at 7:52:18 pm

Absolutely fixed! Thank you guys so much for taking care of this. And the "Individual Source Clips/Single Clip" button change is really useful as well.

Thanks again.

J

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]