FORUMS: list search recent posts

Unable to render in Resolve 9

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anna Kryvoshchokova
Unable to render in Resolve 9
on Aug 12, 2012 at 7:27:34 am

I've been using Resolve 9 for a few weeks, I didn't have any problems till rendering. Trying to render to quicktime, Quicktime Mpeg4 codec, but it cancels itself and says CODEC IS NOT OPENED YET.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

THX

Return to posts index

danny phillips
Re: Unable to render in Resolve 9
on Aug 14, 2012 at 2:49:45 am

Hi,

I'm having exactly the same issue. Waiting for DaVinci support to get back to me but if anyone else can chime in that would be great!

Cheers,
danny

Return to posts index

danny phillips
on Aug 14, 2012 at 5:00:49 am

It seems that R9 doesn't like anything in the file name other than 0-9, letters and underscores. I had "/" and it got changed to":" in the media pool, by mac os I believe... anyhow... I'm now in a world of PAIN!

danny

Return to posts index

Rohit Gupta
on Aug 14, 2012 at 5:23:42 am

Just to clarify, most characters other than "/" and ":", should work ok.

These characters are special characters used as directory separators, and hence now allowed/handled in Resolve.

Return to posts index

Anna Kryvoshchokova
on Aug 14, 2012 at 8:09:18 am

I resolved this problem. Just reinstalled all the codecs. Quicktime pro version did'nt work. Now everything's ok, well sometimes the program shuts down, but I got used to it))))

Return to posts index

danny phillips
on Aug 14, 2012 at 8:29:03 am

Hi Anna,

For me the problem is the "/" (forward slash) character in my clip filenames. Resolve doesn't recognize this character and changes it to ":", which it also cannot recognize, I'm not why it chages it to another unusable character? As Rohit mentioned both of those characters are used in a different capacity and not allowed. I did overcome this by deselecting "Use source filename" in the render window settings and it just makes a self contained movie. Just dropped that into my timeline and good to go.

danny

p.s. Thanks Rohit, got it going.

Return to posts index

Marc Czessack
on Aug 14, 2012 at 9:32:26 am

The most apps and systems don't like special characters. Especially "/" is a problem. If you ever try to relink to such filenames you'll get in big issues. In our company ist strictly forbidden to use such characters. The only allowed are "_" and "-".

Best regards

Marc

Return to posts index

danny phillips
on Aug 14, 2012 at 11:05:05 pm

Hi Marc,

Yeah, sometime you find out the hard way... My workflow till recently has been FCP 7 to Color, Color doesn't really care what's in the filename... I just got caught out.

Cheers,
danny

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]