FORUMS: list search recent posts

V9: Arrow keys conform tab

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Carey Dissmore
V9: Arrow keys conform tab
on Aug 9, 2012 at 8:05:03 pm

I am experiencing a couple of issues with a PPro CS6 to Resolve9 workflow. First, I have to use a flattened Prores export from PPro as I have a multicam mixed timeline and one of the cameras is AVC-Intra which Resolve doesn't support. The other factor is multicam which I haven't had a chance to test yet in V9 but previously it was a no-go.

So, my 1st issue is that with the PPro timeline + EDL and careful attention to include drop-frame info, I'm experiencing progressive drift of edit points in this 7:56 piece. So, I'm moving back and forth to the conform tab to roll the edit points. (BTW I'm not absolutely convinced this is a DF issue or some other cause--that's still under investigation...but whatever the case I need to roll edit points in Resolve).

That brings me to 2nd issue. I am using arrow up-down keys to jog to edit points, then left arrow to go back 2, 4, now 6 frames from there to find the "real" edit point so I can fix it. I have noticed that when using the left-right arrow keys you can't jog beyond the current zoom view of the timeline window to either the left or the right. Bug? Feature? (I'm leaning bug).

Anyway, any insights into either thing are welcome.

Return to posts index

Carey Dissmore
Re: V9: Arrow keys conform tab
on Aug 9, 2012 at 8:53:34 pm

UPDATE: Drifting further and further off now up to 12 frames by 6:30 in... always in a 2 frame at a time jump when it changes. BTW by the end it was up to 14 frames. I'll investigate the drop frame issue after I just get this thing rendered and delivered to client.

Another inconsistency: Roll tool works fine on cuts, but will not roll from the center point of a dissolve. I have to grab each end of the dissolve and move it separately. Annoying, but I'm getting stuff done. But this tool should be able to roll an edit with a transition like any other from the center point.

Return to posts index

Eric Johnson
Re: V9: Arrow keys conform tab
on Aug 10, 2012 at 10:46:56 pm

Since you are already Spending the time to conform your timeline to ProRes... after you flattened it, why not just export on QT and pre conform with the EDL?

Or is that what you're doing and still getting the drift? If that's the case, I would think that your issue is likely TC related, whether its DF/NDF or rate, I couldn't say.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]