FORUMS: list search recent posts

Another crash to desktop bug in R9.

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nick Anderson
Another crash to desktop bug in R9.
on Aug 9, 2012 at 4:25:21 am

First of all, very grateful to the BMD people for your great product, R9 is just fantastic and it gives me the feeling of a REAL HIGHEND film finishing system now.

Before upgrade, I created two new databases in R8, import one ongoing project to each database.

After upgraded to R9, I just upgraded those two databases for testing purpose.

The first one, with more than 2500 r3d shots, and 400 vfx shots and some HD DPX stock footages. Which caused so many "out of memory" problem in R8, works flawlessly in R9, just like in dream. Now the project in ready for deliver.

The second one, was working flawlessly in R8, which is a simpler one with less than 1000 alexa prores shots, just 6 vfx shots. When I tried to load in R9, the progress bar goes to 99%, then Resolve disappeared and show me the OSX desktop. Tried several restarts and other tricks, always the same.

Of course, thanks to the very stable design of Resolve, I can always switch back to R8, and finish the second one there. But it would be sweet if I can totally switch to the new UI from today.

Return to posts index

Peter Chamberlain
Re: Another crash to desktop bug in R9.
on Aug 9, 2012 at 6:32:23 am

Please contact us Nick at davincihelp (at) blackmagicdesign (dot) com and if you can include the project you have a issue with, and the crash log. We would like to understand the OS and hardware config too so we can fix this issue.
Thanks, Peter

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]