FORUMS: list search recent posts

Resolve 9b crashes on grab a still command

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Art Stretovych
Resolve 9b crashes on grab a still command
on Aug 6, 2012 at 2:05:01 pm

Hi everyone, hope someone can help.

So it's just crashes as soon as I hit "Grab Still" button, as well as on importing any reference pictures.
Think it might be some database issues or smt.

Any ideas?

Artem.

Return to posts index

Art Stretovych
Re: Resolve 9b crashes on grab a still command
on Aug 6, 2012 at 3:44:33 pm

Ok, so that's under OS X 10.7.4. Also, found out that happens only with single project, whereas any anther works well.

So I guess the project file itself have became corrupted somehow. What's the workaround for issues like that?

Artem.

Return to posts index

Dmitry Kitsov
on Aug 6, 2012 at 4:15:33 pm

In a past fixing permissions/assigning user rights depending on the OS to the directories used by Resolve and/or running as an Admin would fix similar issues.

Return to posts index

Art Stretovych
on Aug 6, 2012 at 4:49:22 pm

Dmitry,

thanx for your reply. Do you mean system permissions?

What I did was that I verified system hard drive - it appeared to have some issues, so I fixed it with Disk Utility. No effect. Then I exported my project and imported under a Guest user in Resolve - no effect again. Though I do can save that project and change it, grabbing a still crashes Resolve. Created a test project with a small piece of the original timeline - no problems with taking stills.

Is there a way to check permissions on the project file itself in Finder?

Artem

Return to posts index

Dmitry Kitsov
on Aug 6, 2012 at 6:54:33 pm

I am sorry I cannot answer this question. I remember that running as an Admin (on PC) helped me with cache and stills issues. When I was running on my MBP just running the Fix the Permissions in Disk Utilities helped with a message about not being able to save the still due to issues with the directory. That was for V8. Important to point out I had an Admin profile on mac.

Return to posts index

Art Stretovych
on Aug 7, 2012 at 7:42:55 am

Dmitry, thank you anyway for being involved. Will keep trying to figure sit out.

Return to posts index

Margus Voll
on Aug 7, 2012 at 11:23:31 am

I wonder if you have moved project from any other machine.

You could change permissions manually but you really have to know what you are doing to your file
si it will not get corrupted in the process.

--

Margus

http://iconstudios.eu

DaVinci 8.2.1 OSX 10.7.3
MacPro 5.1 2x2,93 24GB
GTX 470 / Quadro 4000
Multibridge 2 Pro

Return to posts index

Art Stretovych
on Aug 7, 2012 at 3:49:05 pm

Margus, thanx for your input.

Apparently the project wasn't moved, or modified, so... And I don't know where to find project file in finder - is it somehow possible?

Artem

Return to posts index

Art Stretovych
on Aug 7, 2012 at 3:51:48 pm

So anyway, this beta isn't stable enough for work. I've rolled back to 8.2.2. Btw, database restoring from version 9 appears to be a piece of cake.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Belzer-Adams
on Aug 7, 2012 at 7:02:27 pm

Another option when you are in a pinch like this is to create a new project, bring in your media and timeline (xml or edl) and then just colortrace from your old project.

I've had a few projects corrupt in 8.2.2 and now whenever I start a new project I save out a base conformed version. If I ever have a problem with the project I can quickly colortrace to the base version and get back to work in a very short time.

Return to posts index

Art Stretovych
on Aug 7, 2012 at 9:31:53 pm

Thanx Jeremy,

that's exactly what I did before rolling back to 8.2.2, but still I will have to clear things about colortrace out, as I tried it for the first time - it didn't come out as well as it could. Thanks again!

Artem

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]