FORUMS: list search recent posts

DaVinci Resolve 9 Beta - Wish List

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
William H.W. Read
DaVinci Resolve 9 Beta - Wish List
on Aug 6, 2012 at 10:37:11 am

Hi,

Not sure anyone has started a Wish List yet. Currently doing a three day finish with Resolve 9 and I'll add some thoughts about the things I think are missing.

One to start with is the scopes. Can we please have them scalable again. Too small. 1U layout is great, but I'd love to have my vector and parade big. Thanks.

Will

​William H.W. Read

Technical & Creative Film-Maker

http://www.whwread.com

Return to posts index

Sascha Haber
Re: DaVinci Resolve 9 Beta - Wish List
on Aug 6, 2012 at 3:32:01 pm

Hi there,

Resolve users often suggest interesting ideas on this forum, but it remains difficult to measure the real return and impact of such participation.
Can we imagine having this kind of system with BlackMagic ? : http://wordpress.org/extend/ideas/

That or something like ideascale, which is what AVID is using for Pro Tools.
http://ideascale.com/

A slice of color...

DaVinci 8.2.1 OSX 10.7.2
MacPro 5.1 2x2,4 24GB
RAID0 8TB
GTX 470 / Quadro 4000
Extreme 3D+

ICA Instructor
http://www.icolorist.com/Sascha.html

Return to posts index

Rodrigo Silvestri
on Aug 7, 2012 at 1:41:28 am

The SwiftKey Android keyboard used a system from uservoice.com, each user (appart from posting ideas) has a limited amount of "stars" to use for backing ideas.

In the meantime:

- +1 for resizable scopes.
- Plus, I would also like the "zoom" in the vectorscope again.

- Copy paste nodes. In V9 I cannot copy paste nodes anymore. It is much easier than still - open node graph - etc when you need it only once or twice.

- Unlimited window shapes per node. Let's say I have to mask 2 eyes using 2 circular windows, to make the same correction on both, I need 2 nodes and an alpha link. I believe every node should have as much windows as we need, and we choose the type for each one.

- Version #/#: Lots of times I would have clips with more than 5 versions (mostly in documentaries with 2 moving cameras) and I would use the total # of versions displayed in the thumbnail to identify each camera (I'd recognize the shot by knowing it's the one with 6 or 10 versions). Now I have to right click a shot to see if it's the one with 6 or 10 versions.

- Batch Render: I don't like that I need to delete a batch render job if I don't want it to render now. I liked the fact that I could "send" the jobs I wanted for render and keep the others for later or whatever.

- Linked clips icon is now more difficult to see if you are searching for the other cuts linked to the one you are seeing. A bigger and more saturated icon would be good.
- Filter should allow to see only the linked clips.
- Linked clips icon only appear on the selected cut when there are linked clips in the same track. If I have the same file in many cuts in track 1 and one cut of that same file in track 2 (all linked) and I am seeing the one in track 2, I don't see the red marker on it, I only see it on the other clips.

- What's the use of limiting the LUT export location to the DaVinci LUTs folder??

- Tangent Wave input sizing and window sizing knobs are too sensitive.

- Color markers should be seen from the Color page. When I want to mark a clip for further view, I need to use a marker because a flag marks the entire file with its linked clips, not only that cut or version. But then I only see the it from the Conform page, so I need to use the filter to identify the marked clip. OR:
- Flags should be only for a single edit or at least an entire version, so if I need to mark a clip I only mark that one and not all the linked clips.

- I prefer the thumbnail tabs instead of the list.

- Keyboard layout configurations is not working for me. V9 layout is annoying.

- Info window on the right of the timeline in the Color page should be resizable, codecs and filenames do not fit.

Hope you agree with me :P

Rodrigo.

Return to posts index

Dmitry Kitsov
on Aug 7, 2012 at 2:58:24 am

[Rodrigo Silvestri] "- Copy paste nodes. In V9 I cannot copy paste nodes anymore. It is much easier than still - open node graph - etc when you need it only once or twice.
"

I have no issues copying and pasting nodes. Just like in Resolve 8 make a new node then copy an existing, select a new one, paste.

Return to posts index

Rodrigo Silvestri
on Aug 7, 2012 at 4:13:24 am

Weird, I'll try to find a fix then!

Thanks,
Rodrigo.

Return to posts index

Dmitry Kitsov
on Aug 7, 2012 at 7:14:55 am

I am curious that instead you have encountered the same bug as I did, when the GUI becomes unresponsive and woud not respond to input from either keyboard nor panel, but only the mouse.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]