FORUMS: list search recent posts

Avid to Resolve - link back to camera masters

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jay Mahavier
Avid to Resolve - link back to camera masters
on Aug 3, 2012 at 7:13:21 pm

So I have found a lot of information on how to go from Avid to Resolve and have it link to the Avid MXF media. What I can not find, and what I would like to do, is not link back to the MXF media, but link back to the files I imported into the Avid. Those being ProRes QTs. As it is now when I import the AAF into Resolve is ask me to select a folder that contains my source files I want to link to. I select it and while I can get it to add the QTs to the Media Pool it will not link the time line to them. It gives me a warning that (xxx).mxf can not link. Can someone point me in the right direction on how to make this work?

Thank you,
Jay

Return to posts index

Jacob Lanum
Re: Avid to Resolve - link back to camera masters
on Aug 4, 2012 at 2:18:52 am

I just did this last night. Make sure you have checked use AAF protocol and link to all the media. Save the aaf to the folder with all of the pro res files. Now once in davinci add all the pro res to the media pool. Once you load the AAF it should link to the pro res.

BUT it only worka if all timecode, clipnames, reel are all the same if not... Well have fun...

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
on Aug 5, 2012 at 2:55:16 pm

You might also try changing the parent directory.

jPo

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index

Jay Mahavier
on Aug 6, 2012 at 4:37:03 pm

It was my own lack of paying attention. I needed to pattern for the reel name extraction. It was still on the default of */%R/%D when it needed to be */%R. All is good now. Well, at least that part is good.

Jay

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]