FORUMS: list search recent posts

V8 Q - Moving Clips and Changing Parent Directory

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Martin
V8 Q - Moving Clips and Changing Parent Directory
on Aug 2, 2012 at 1:57:20 pm

We have conformed a project from the external source drives from a Resolve workstation station and are now moving the project over to our primary Resolve used for final grading.

I've imported each session (per reel) and everything links back to external drives fine. Then in Browse I am using file administrator to copy selects to our local drives. This all works fine but Resolve is still referencing the external drives as the parent directory.

Unfortunately Resolve is not performing a multi-clip "change parent directory" command. I am only able to change parent directory one clip at a time. I have read through some other postings that have had this problem but in my case I am only selecting clips that share a common file path. Any thoughts on what is the problem?

Cheers, Chris

Return to posts index

Chris Martin
Re: V8 Q - Moving Clips and Changing Parent Directory
on Aug 2, 2012 at 4:20:01 pm

Think I'm starting to see a pattern in that you can only do a multi clip "change directory" if all the clips selected are currently sharing a common file path. Example - all the RED footage clips are in unique R3D folders per source structure so I can only do one clip at a time. All the F3 footage is in a common folder so I can perform multi clip changes to the parent directory.

I sure hope v9 fixes this. Working with only R3D selects wil be great that's for sure...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]