FORUMS: list search recent posts

Tangent Wave & Element Mapping - for the love of god let me reset just the luminance control!

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
andrew smith
Tangent Wave & Element Mapping - for the love of god let me reset just the luminance control!
on Jul 26, 2012 at 1:37:46 pm

I know the answer to this already having combed this forum and coming across similar threads in the past - i just want to ask again so that the powers that be might hear another voice in the dark.

Is there any way to reset just the luminance control (ring around trackerball) without the colour differential “the red ball” control?

I find it pretty difficult to believe that this function actually is not possible.

Thank you

Return to posts index

Javier Sanchez
Re: Tangent Wave & Element Mapping - for the love of god let me reset just the luminance control!
on Jul 26, 2012 at 2:13:22 pm

This Luminace control has always touch "color" since i know from davinci renaissance 888.

Javier Sanchez
Head Of Technology
Gama Digital

Return to posts index

Sascha Haber
Re: Tangent Wave & Element Mapping - for the love of god let me reset just the luminance control!
on Jul 26, 2012 at 2:40:39 pm

Well, it was cumbersome then and it is now ;)

I totally second that one..

A slice of color...

DaVinci 8.2.1 OSX 10.7.2
MacPro 5.1 2x2,4 24GB
RAID0 8TB
GTX 470 / Quadro 4000
Extreme 3D+

ICA Instructor
http://www.icolorist.com/Sascha.html

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
on Jul 26, 2012 at 2:49:24 pm

Yeah, I think a matrix transform that resets derived Y' would be a difficult task in an RGB system -- essentially you're trying to "reset" a 3x3 matrix in two different dimensions. You are not working with Y'CbCr in daVinci or DaVinci, so luminance is not being directly addressed -- it is being calculated from the RGB values that you have changed to achieve your hue/sat correction.

I guess the workaround would be to restrict RGB gain balance to the joyball and use the Y luminance knob to adjust gain, rather than the ring. Of course none of this helps if you are not monitoring a YRGB parade, so you don't really know where your luminance is going, anyway.

jPo

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index

andrew smith
on Jul 26, 2012 at 5:14:41 pm

Not sure what you mean here joseph..i know it will effect the rgb and thats fine, i simply want to be able to zero out back to '1.00' after say increasing gain to '1.02'.

This brings up another feature request - being able to paste attributes on keyframes and in other parts of the UI. I know i can display node graph and paste there but i want to be able to paste setting from one key frame to the next..hopefully this feature is in V9?

Return to posts index

Dmitry Kitsov
on Jul 26, 2012 at 3:56:21 pm

It is possible that I am showing my ignorance in not fully understanding the topic, but when I want to reset the Y without changing the relation between RGB I hit ALT and then the dot "." reset (as opposed to a "o" reset next to a trackball and the ring in question. This works on Tangent Wave.

Return to posts index

Margus Voll
on Jul 26, 2012 at 4:58:41 pm

Great Scott.

I have to try this.

--

Margus

http://iconstudios.eu

DaVinci 8.2.1 OSX 10.7.3
MacPro 5.1 2x2,93 24GB
GTX 470 / Quadro 4000
Multibridge 2 Pro

Return to posts index

andrew smith
on Jul 26, 2012 at 5:08:42 pm

I have tried that in the past when i first read about it in this forum..but alas it did not work. Also even if it does what to do on the Element?? According to the people at Tangent it is not possible because BMD wont allow for mapping at all?!

Return to posts index

Paul Provost
on Jul 26, 2012 at 6:07:30 pm

Yeah on element "A-dot" resets rings.
dumb that ring button doesn't reset rings but oh well.
maybe in ver 9

Return to posts index

Dmitry Kitsov
on Jul 26, 2012 at 6:35:23 pm

According to the BMD tech notes the behavior is the same on both Wave and the Element.
"each Trackball and master level set has two reset buttons.
The circle button will reset all
The dot button will reset the RGB values
selecting alt then the dot button will level the values"

Return to posts index

michael stirling
on Jul 27, 2012 at 12:50:33 pm

I can't get the ALT-dot thing to work on my tangent - just resets RGB.
I reset luma by clicking the lum lift/gamma/gain knobs should I want to do this

Return to posts index

Paul Provost
on Jul 27, 2012 at 2:47:38 pm

not alt on keyboard but the "A" button on the element color balls panel

Return to posts index

michael stirling
on Jul 27, 2012 at 2:52:22 pm

the wave only has an 'alt' button. Perhaps the wave isn't mapped to do this

Return to posts index

Joseph Mastantuono
on Jul 27, 2012 at 3:19:10 pm

The whole control surface needs to be mappable. That's all. I don't really know why it's so hard or taken so long.

Joseph Mastantuono
http://www.goodpost.net
Color Grading & Post Production Consulting

Return to posts index

andrew smith
on Jul 27, 2012 at 3:25:03 pm

alt button on wave not working for me and on the element i dont even see an alt button from the video i saw patrick did at B&H.

Return to posts index

Konstantin Melikhov
on Jul 27, 2012 at 3:52:52 pm

in Elements the A button at the Trackball panel is the "ALT". Pressing A followed by dot without releasing the A will do the trick.

Return to posts index

andrew smith
on Jul 27, 2012 at 4:21:11 pm

just tried it but that doesn't really work - it resets work to reset to 1.00 which i understand WILL affect the chroma because its not a y only luma adjustment. Anyways thanks for trying to help everyone i really appreciate the help!

Return to posts index

Dmitry Kitsov
on Jul 29, 2012 at 12:19:19 am

ALT button on my wave works fine for this purpose. Silly suggestion but do install the latest FW from tangent.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]