FORUMS: list search recent posts

Nvidia CUDA driver updated to 5.0.17 for GT 650 M

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Jay
Nvidia CUDA driver updated to 5.0.17 for GT 650 M
on Jul 24, 2012 at 1:46:02 pm

This is good news for DaVinci and Adobe on the new MacBook Pro Retina.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/cuda-mac-driver.html

Return to posts index

Rob Clev
Re: Nvidia CUDA driver updated to 5.0.17 for GT 650 M
on Jul 29, 2012 at 9:28:38 pm

Thanks for the link. I tried to update the driver via the System Preferences CUDA pane but it kept failing. It would download OK but fail consistently at 50% during the install phase. Doing the update manually by downloading the update from your link worked fine.

But, I still get this warning when I fire up Resolve, even with automatic graphics switching disabled.

"Resolve has determined that the hardware configuration that you are using is not optimal and so performance may be limited.

The following unsupported cards are being used for image processing: NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M
..."

Return to posts index

Rohit Gupta
on Jul 30, 2012 at 3:40:14 am

Hi Rob,

Please ignore the warning. When you get the V9 update, that warning will go away.

For the rMBP, you need to do a couple of things for now:

1. Switch off the option to "Automatically switch graphics" in the Energy Saver (as CUDA won't work otherwise always)
2. Set the display scaling to 1440x900, and then back to 1920x1200 before you start Resolve (you need to do this if you get out of memory errors)

Regards,
Rohit

Return to posts index

Umberto Sonnino
on Aug 24, 2012 at 10:20:40 pm

Hey there, I just got my new rMBP and I'm having a little trouble with CUDA.
I installed the latest drivers 5.0.24 as from the site, but when I try to compile the samples, it fails on the SegmentationTree.cu saying that "Error: Unaligned memory access is not supported".

Is there something that I'm doing wrong?? Thanks in advance

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]