FORUMS: list search recent posts

Resolve having problems with postgreSQL

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sanjin Švajger
Resolve having problems with postgreSQL
on Jul 23, 2012 at 12:12:30 pm

Hi all,

with my first post on this forum I decided that I would just go ahead and post a troubleshoot question.

So I would like to try and use the Resolve lite software but I'm having an aufull time trying to set it up.
I'm having trouble with postgreSQL. I am a newb when it comes to servers and such but really, this shouldn't be such a hassle.

So it goes like this:
When BD Resolve was being installed there was an error installing postgreSQL. It installed but there was an error (don't remember what). So now when I run Resolve it asks me to create a database, which I can't.

It says no database found. As I understand it there should be two options when running resolve for the first time but all I see is "no database found". It's clear that something is wrong with the server.

Oh, I tried to uninstall postgresql but I even got some errors while doing that. I installed the newest version but that showed me an error to.

Could somebody please help me. This is really frustrating!:)

Thank you!

Br
S

Return to posts index

Sanjin Švajger
Re: Resolve having problems with postgreSQL
on Jul 23, 2012 at 4:58:28 pm

Found the sollution.

Funny enough postgreSQL didn't have the adequate permissions to use a directory that it created.
(creative people shouldn't have to be dealing with such stuff!:))
The directory is "data" and is located in the postgreSQL directory ie. PostgreSQL/9.0/Data

What needs to be done is let the installer install postgreSQL with the error ("problem running post-install step") and then don't proceed with the DaVinci install (not necessary, but if you value your time don't because you'll have to uninstall it and install it again!).
Then uninstal postgreSQL. Don't worry if a couple of errors come when unstalling. At the end of the unstialling process it will ask you if you want to delete the folders. It is very important that you don't. Just say OK and proceed. Than it's going to say that the uninstallation completed successfully.

Then run the CMD command and type "net user postgres /delete" (with out "")(I don't know if this step is necessary).

Now go to the postgreSQL folder and right click on the folder and go to properties, security tab, and set the permissions to all users to "full control". And that basically it. Now the postgreSQL installer will have permissions to use this folder and the installation will complete without errors.

Oh yeh, before doing this it would be smart to disable user account control UAC.

Windows 7

Click your Start button and open the "Control Panel".
Select "User Accounts and Family Safety.
Select "User Accounts
Click "Change User Account Control settings".
Drag the slider down to the bottom "Never notify" then click OK.
You must now restart your computer for the changes to take effect. Once your computer restarts, proceed with your PokerTracker and PostgreSQL installation.

That's it!

Now, back to real work.

Return to posts index

Sanjin Švajger
Re: Resolve having problems with postgreSQL
on Jul 23, 2012 at 4:58:35 pm

double post.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]