FORUMS: list search recent posts

Drive renamed by Resolve in it's disk directory

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Luke Tingle
Drive renamed by Resolve in it's disk directory
on Jul 16, 2012 at 12:31:45 pm

I made the mistake of opening resolve with our primary raid read-only. After I closed resolve, gave the raid write permission, and restarted resolve it could not browse or write to the raid (even though it was listed in the directory). So I removed the raid from the directory and added it again. Now the raid appears to have been renamed in the directory. The raid's name is Aurora 02, but in Resolve it lists it as Aurora 02 1.
This is causing entire projects to be offline because it's looking for Aurora 02.
Any idea's would be greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Marcus Smith
Re: Drive renamed by Resolve in it's disk directory
on Jul 16, 2012 at 1:13:34 pm

Remove the directory in resolve, restart your machine open resolve and then add the directory again. It should remove the _1. If the doesn't work check to see what's happening with the raid using disk utility. Something is hanging on to the old alias.

If you're under the pump and things are stil working duplicate or backup your project (for protection only), and then remove all the media in the media pool and then add it again with the _1 volume. If you've been diligent with your media management things should relink fine.

Good luck!

Marcus.

Return to posts index

Michael Cinquin
on Jul 16, 2012 at 4:23:07 pm

I guess there is a directory in /Volumes/name_of_your_raid, that is not empty, and that prevents your volume being mounted to /Volumes/name_of_your_raid.
To check/solve is easy : remove the Raid of your computer, in Finder "Go.." Menu -> Go to Folder, enter /Volumes ; if there is a folder "name_of_your_raid", move it away (Trash, Desktop, wherever).

Now plugin your Raid, and cross fingers...

Michael Cinquin

Final Cut Pro - Avid Media Composer editor
DaVinci - Color - Baselight colorist
Color profiles for Color
http://www.michaelcinquin.com/tools : tools for FCP | Color | RED | subtitles | Cinema Tools | Timecode - Keycode calculator

Return to posts index

Luke Tingle
on Jul 16, 2012 at 6:54:16 pm

Thanks Micheal. Thanks for the reply. I found another post on the apple support site that basically said to do the same thing. The issue is called a "false mount point", caused by a crash that creates a folder of a volume. I deleted the folder from "/Volumes" and remounted the raid. Everything is working now. Never had this problem before and I have been on OSX since Jaguar, learn something everyday.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]