FORUMS: list search recent posts

Quick time decoder initialization failed

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lisa Willis
Quick time decoder initialization failed
on Jul 13, 2012 at 8:49:06 pm

I thought this problem disappeared on it's own for good but no luck. I uninstalled Quick time and DaVinci; ran the DaVinci installer again, letting DaVinci do the Quick time install; no luck. I'm still getting the message. HELP! TIA.

DaVinci Resolve lite; 8.2.1; Windows 7/64

Return to posts index

Dwaine Maggart
Re: Quick time decoder initialization failed
on Jul 13, 2012 at 10:28:06 pm

Is this a Windows or Mac system?

That message comes up once in a while on Windows systems. Is it causing an actual issue for you?

Dwaine Maggart
Blackmagic Design DaVinci Support

Return to posts index

Lisa Willis
on Jul 13, 2012 at 11:05:15 pm

Thanks so much for responding!
Windows 7. Yes, now when I log into a previous session, no clips appear where they were previously.
I used the previous resolve lite version since last April with no problems at all. Recently had to update my nvidia driver; restarted resolve and got the "CUDA" warnings. I guess my new driver wasn't recognized. Upgraded to the newest lite and reverted back to the original driver as mentioned in the configuration pdf. That took care of the CUDA problems but then I got the quick time warning. It showed up once; I closed and restarted and it went away. Same thing happened one more time. Then it appeared and now won't go away. hmmmm...

Return to posts index

Dwaine Maggart
on Jul 13, 2012 at 11:25:52 pm

If you had to upgrade the NVIDIA driver for some other app or device, the 296.10 driver is the latest one I'm sure should work. It should be OK to use that, if you need a newer driver than the 280.26 driver. I'm not sure the current 301.42 driver will work well with Resolve 8. It will probably work with Resolve 9 when it is released.

If you are recovering a previous project and all the clips look black on the Color page, that is almost CERTAINLY an issue of the clips no longer being where they were originally. You can verify this on the Browse page. If you can see other clips in the Browse page viewer Media Storage / Clips Details area, but not the clips that are in the Media Pool, then the clip paths in the Media Pool are pointing to an area that no longer contains the clips.

The only thing the Quicktime message MIGHT affect is seeing QT/ProRes type mov files. If you can't see ANY of that type of files on the Browse page viewer, while selecting them in the Media Storage / Clip Details area, but you can see other file types like DPX or MXF files, then perhaps the Quicktime message might be affecting things.

Dwaine Maggart
Blackmagic Design DaVinci Support

Return to posts index

Lisa Willis
on Jul 13, 2012 at 11:43:04 pm

I'm working on files from a tutorial, so I'm not dealing with anything too dire here. (Ripple tutorial) I can try to start a new project with those files and see what happens when I return to my office. I can say that I haven't moved the files; I'll double check though, things happen. However the first strange thing was the red x's I got when I loaded the "baked master" mov. file. (I could still see the clips on the EDL and XML practice) That was new; second time loading that particular file for practice and no problems the first time. Now, they don't show at all. (can't remember if the EDL or XML clips are blank as well)
I will go back and recheck and let you know. THANKS!

Return to posts index

Lisa Willis
on Jul 14, 2012 at 4:07:53 pm

A new day with fresh eyes. I doubled checked my folders; everything is where it should be. I decided to delete what I had done yesterday and start over methodically. I have now successfully reloaded my projects and I can see all clips in all projects. No red x; no blank/black clips. Viewers work. So the issue is human error of some type; I misstepped somewhere and couldn't see it.
I still have the quick time error message; maybe it's a windows thing? It remains to be seen if it causes some other issue for me down the line.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]