FORUMS: list search recent posts

Import Resolve 8 database into Resolve 9?

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Halper
Import Resolve 8 database into Resolve 9?
on Jul 13, 2012 at 5:36:25 am

I know it's better to just finish in Resolve 8 before upgrading, but I may be needing to do on-set color correction in Resolve 8 now and then the production will continue will the color correction later after editing, which could be several months from now. I assume at that time they'll want to use v9 instead of v8.

So I'm wondering if we'll be able to convert a project from Resolve 8 to Resolve 9 by importing the database. This is probably a question for BMD or anyone that's been testing Resolve 8.

Return to posts index

Vladimir Kucherov
Re: Import Resolve 8 database into Resolve 9?
on Jul 13, 2012 at 2:44:37 pm

So far every past version of Resolve has allowed very solid database upgrades. Also, I've never had version compatibility issues importing exported projects from past versions to new versions. I don't see why 9 would be any different.

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
on Jul 13, 2012 at 4:17:17 pm

If you recall, there was also a database carry over from Version 7 (it did involve backing up the original and then creating a new one in Version 8), so I think it is safe to assume that there will be a path to migrate V8 projects into V9 and carry through your original database.

jPo

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index

Mike Halper
on Jul 13, 2012 at 8:54:23 pm

Great! Thanks Vladimir and Joseph.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]