FORUMS: list search recent posts

R3Ds and Resolve

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rick Turners
R3Ds and Resolve
on Jul 13, 2012 at 1:07:25 am

I'm working on a RED project and am experiencing for the first time, not everything matching up perfectly.

Typically I just export an xml from FCP, put the R3Ds in the media pool, load the XML.. and bam.. perfect, no conforming issues.

This time, 95% of the shots are wrong. Also, the 5D stuff in the film is off as well. (timecode!?)

What are the various causes of this? Any work around?

Return to posts index

Danny Scotting
Re: R3Ds and Resolve
on Jul 13, 2012 at 6:39:56 am

Check that the project timecode in the red settings are the same timecode used in your edit suite?

Has happened to me a couple of times. I think different systems look at different timecodes by default.

Danny Scotting - Senior Digital Colourist

Return to posts index

Rick Turners
on Jul 13, 2012 at 11:07:37 pm

Hmm..

I know there is a fix for this.. its somewhere on this board.. anyone?!

I checked the timing tab on the clips in FCP.. there is no difference in how they are set up between the ones that conformed properly into Resolve and the ones that are completely off. (wrong clip entirely)

Any ideas?

Also, the 5D stuff is just grabbing from the beginning of the clip. (00:00:00:00)..

Return to posts index

Marcus Smith
on Jul 14, 2012 at 1:13:23 am

Sounds like your 5d TC track is corrupt. Happens quite a bit.

The only way I know to fix it is render out your source material In Davinci, retaing the source TC.
Link this clip back in FCP and resend to FCP.

Regarding your TC problem, it sounds like your Davcinci frame rate in the project differs from that in your XML. Do you have premiere CS6? Its a lot easier to fix these issues in that program now. I would check it in there if you can.

Cheers,

Marcus.

Return to posts index

Rick Turners
on Jul 14, 2012 at 1:22:22 am

I'll give that shot for the 5D stuff!

The FCP project is 2398, as is the XML.

The cuts points are all correct, its the clips that it isn't conforming properly. Something to do with lack of/wrong information in the R3Ds/ProRes transcodes? Yet there is reel information entered for every clip?

Return to posts index

Marcus Smith
on Jul 14, 2012 at 4:31:36 am

Do you have access to the QT files used for offline? If you do you should verify the frame rates are correct and the TCs match up. Again this is a lot easier to do in a system that can read the r3d files directly. Maybe download redcinex and check in there.

Return to posts index

Rick Turners
on Jul 15, 2012 at 8:45:22 pm

I managed to get all the R3Ds to come in properly using the XML. I just had it look at the XML and ignore file extensions and it worked (I thought I tried this before? guess not!)

The 5D stuff is still an issue. I did "add additional footage" in the conform and had it goto the 5D folder. It still connected to the wrong clips etc. For example, one shot used in the cut is supposed to be 100_0102.mp4 but resolve chose 100_0220.mov. They are different lengths/names/file paths etc. It comes up with a conflict where I can change the clip to 100_0102.mp4, but the timecode is way off.

Return to posts index

michael stirling
on Jul 19, 2012 at 3:03:16 pm

I just added this comment to another thread but it works here too...

I use qtchange for 5d stuff - to force a reel name and unique TC onto every clip

http://www.videotoolshed.com/product/42/qtchange/

(2 recommendations in 2 minutes - i should be on commission)

M

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]