FORUMS: list search recent posts

intermittent middle click copy grade crash bug?

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
andrew sableton
intermittent middle click copy grade crash bug?
on Jul 12, 2012 at 7:51:02 pm

Wondering if anyone else has this issue.....

I find that there are certain saved stills that will very often crash Resolve when I use the middle button on my mouse to copy them to the current clip in the timeline.

Most of the time this technique works fine.....but there seem to be a few particular saved grades that will crash my system more than 50% of the time I try to use them. With these particular stills if I apply the grade by dragging them into the node window, the crash does not happen. I think I am also finding that if I hold down the middle click button for a moment, rather than immediately releasing after clicking, the crashes do not seem to be happening.....

This is very annoying as I had over 20 crashes yesterday due to this issue. It is also slowing me down as I am saving much more often than usual in order to not lose too much work when the crashes happening...

S

Return to posts index

Kevin Cannon
Re: intermittent middle click copy grade crash bug?
on Jul 12, 2012 at 8:21:42 pm

I was having this problem which seemed pretty random, but eventually i realized for me it was happening only when in "Unmix" mode in 8.1 or 8.2. I don't remember the exact release but it was solved in a subsequent one.

KC

Prehistoric Digital

Return to posts index

Dwaine Maggart
Re: intermittent middle click copy grade crash bug?
on Jul 13, 2012 at 2:51:40 am

Copying grades in Unmix mode will crash Resolve unless you are using 8.2.1 beta 3 or higher.

When this happens to you, are you in Unmix mode?

Dwaine Maggart
Blackmagic Design DaVinci Support

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]