FORUMS: list search recent posts

Flickering /random adjustments when adjusting knobs normally AFTER switching to a RED project I'm working on

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Johnathan Throbins
Flickering /random adjustments when adjusting knobs normally AFTER switching to a RED project I'm working on
on Jul 11, 2012 at 1:00:56 pm

Hey there, I have two projects, one created in the Resolve I'm working on, another given to me by a client. The one created in this machine (resolve 8 full version) works fine, but when I switch to the project a client gave me (also from resolve 8, possibly Lite) at first it adjusts normally, but then (I think when I start adjusting certain shots (?) it starts to jump all over the place intermittently. The controller numbers move linearly as they should, but the image will all of a sudden jump to high contrast, or lifted, or really green or whatever depending on what control I'm operating. This happens in the viewer window and then on the exernal FSI monitor (delayed result but same exact effect, so it's not either of the viewers malfunctioning, or the I/O).
Now, once it's happened, if I go back into the internally created project the knobs and such jump around just like in the other project. Like it's a bug it caught from the externally conformed project. I restart and the same things happens again, the Arri test footage project works fine, then the RED project works fine on certain shots, and then I start working on other shots and the knobs go crazy again. This effect happens with the knobs in tangent wave, or with the mouse.

The RED project is on an external firewire drive, 4k, I know that's slow, I'm waiting for a new drive to load it onto my internal RAID.

Anyway, any ideas? Help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

------------------
Mac Pro 8 Core 4,1
OS 10.6.8
Resolve 8.0
GTX 285 GT120
12gig RAM
BMD SDI I/O

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]