FORUMS: list search recent posts

23.98fps FCP7 roundtrip?

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
michael stirling
23.98fps FCP7 roundtrip?
on Jul 10, 2012 at 1:00:36 pm

Hi

I'm grading a feature shot on a 5d at 23.98 and edited in FCP7.
When I export and xml and load into Da Vinci 8.2.1 it loads as 24fps. Changing the config back to 23.98fps is easy but it's the clips - they are all running at 24fps now. The only way I can see to change the internal speed of all the clips is right click -change clip speed on a per clip basis one by one (please god no!).

Is there a more elegant solution I'm missing?

Thanks,

Mike

Return to posts index

Yoav Dagan
Re: 23.98fps FCP7 roundtrip?
on Jul 17, 2012 at 9:32:03 am

I just had the same issue, for a short film, my fix (that worked very well and stayed in sync) is:

I duplicated the media managed folder (with all the final film media in it)
opened cinema tools, conformed all of the 23.98fps to 24fps
Created a new project in FCP 7
Copied the final timeline to the new project
copy all tracks of the old timeline and paste it on a new time line that I created as 24 fps (i made sure that it is 24 and not 23.98)
Checked that its all in sync (it was)
created the xml and imported it to resolve, made sure that resolve timeline is on 24fps and the video monitoring was on 24p (not PsF) , imported the sound from the FCP 24 timeline and all was in sync.

Hope it can work for you as all of my previous test in resolve did not yield any good results, I even tried to change the XML but to no avail.

Yoav Dagan
Colourist / Onliner
TiNT Post Production
South Africa
tintpost.com

Return to posts index

michael stirling
Re: 23.98fps FCP7 roundtrip?
on Jul 19, 2012 at 1:35:13 pm

HI Yoav

Thanks for your reply..

Unfortunately as the feature was getting sound made elsewhere I couldn't change the frame rate of the film or I would have lost sync. However it all proved to not be a problem in the end other that Resolve wasn't playing the offline back at the right speed (it was playing a 23.98 offline at 24 in a 23.98 project)

Michael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]