FORUMS: list search recent posts

Initial database installation problem because of a policy

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Gin
Initial database installation problem because of a policy
on Jul 8, 2012 at 3:49:33 pm

I'm trying to install Resolve for couple of hours on a computer at my work place.
The trouble is with the database:
Because of the computer restriction, the postgresql cannot be configured with DaVinci as password - and it popups me an Windows error while installation:
The password specified does not meet the local or domain policy. Check the minimum length, password complexity and password history requirements.

I decided to install postgresql separately and setup the password to Aa12345.

Now, when I start DaVinci I can create a new database. I fill there the label & DB name "unnamed"; user: postgres; Password: Aa12345.
A new row is created, but with the following remark: Failed to initialize database unnamed:
Failed to create baseline schema on database unnamed: ERROR: cannot drop language plpgsql because extension plpgsql requires it HINT: You can drop extension plpgsql instead.

And I can't select it.

Can you please advise on this issue?
BTW, I'm not so familiar with working with databases.

Return to posts index

Cristian Melone
Re: Initial database installation problem because of a policy
on Jul 17, 2012 at 10:10:37 pm

I've resolved now an issue like yours, you need to just remove the plpgsql extension:

* STEP 1
Create the db from da vinci, doesn't mind if you receive the error

Close da Vinci and open PGSQL Admin III.
Use localhost as address, user postgres and password, the password you used during the install.

Double click on the db you created with Da vinci (in your case unamed I guess) and remove the extension:

* STEP4:
Open Da vinci, disconnect all database and click on connect (not create) and set the name of the db you just modified and your password.

Then it should work. I think that issue is due to the way used in order to install the postgres via da vinci installer, and the standard install...

I hope that works also for you.

BTW: Leonardo Da Vinci was born in Italy, if you "resolve" the issue (ahah nice joke) you need to visit Italy, specially Florence!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved