FORUMS: list search recent posts

Initial database installation problem because of a policy

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Gin
Initial database installation problem because of a policy
on Jul 8, 2012 at 3:49:33 pm

Hi,

I'm trying to install Resolve for couple of hours on a computer at my work place.
The trouble is with the database:
Because of the computer restriction, the postgresql cannot be configured with DaVinci as password - and it popups me an Windows error while installation:
The password specified does not meet the local or domain policy. Check the minimum length, password complexity and password history requirements.

I decided to install postgresql separately and setup the password to Aa12345.

Now, when I start DaVinci I can create a new database. I fill there the label & DB name "unnamed"; user: postgres; Password: Aa12345.
A new row is created, but with the following remark: Failed to initialize database unnamed:
Failed to create baseline schema on database unnamed: ERROR: cannot drop language plpgsql because extension plpgsql requires it HINT: You can drop extension plpgsql instead.

And I can't select it.

Can you please advise on this issue?
BTW, I'm not so familiar with working with databases.

Thanks,
Mark.

Return to posts index

Cristian Melone
Re: Initial database installation problem because of a policy
on Jul 17, 2012 at 10:10:37 pm

I've resolved now an issue like yours, you need to just remove the plpgsql extension:

* STEP 1
Create the db from da vinci, doesn't mind if you receive the error

*STEP 2
Close da Vinci and open PGSQL Admin III.
Use localhost as address, user postgres and password, the password you used during the install.

*STEP3:
Double click on the db you created with Da vinci (in your case unamed I guess) and remove the extension:

* STEP4:
Open Da vinci, disconnect all database and click on connect (not create) and set the name of the db you just modified and your password.

Then it should work. I think that issue is due to the way used in order to install the postgres via da vinci installer, and the standard install...

I hope that works also for you.

BTW: Leonardo Da Vinci was born in Italy, if you "resolve" the issue (ahah nice joke) you need to visit Italy, specially Florence!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]