FORUMS: list search recent posts

Resolve Lite - Macbook Pro, OS X 10.6.8 - CUDA driver not loaded but the version displayed is the right one

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert Krueger
Resolve Lite - Macbook Pro, OS X 10.6.8 - CUDA driver not loaded but the version displayed is the right one
on Jul 8, 2012 at 8:39:21 am

Hi,

after installing Resolve Lite on my Macbook Pro (OS X 10.6.8), GeForce 9400M, 9600 GT and triplechecking that the CUDA driver has the recommended version 4.0.19, GPU driver version 1.6.36.10 (256.00.35f11) and rebooting I'm still getting the notorious "Attention: CUDA driver not loaded" message when I start Resolve. Should I try upgrading the driver to 4.2.10 or what would be the next thing to try?

Thanks in advance,

Robert

Return to posts index

Dwaine Maggart
Re: Resolve Lite - Macbook Pro, OS X 10.6.8 - CUDA driver not loaded but the version displayed is the right one
on Jul 8, 2012 at 1:57:30 pm

In Mac System Preferences, open Energy Saver and make sure the Graphics mode is set to Higher Performance.

If that doesn't help, check this thread, and see if that is your issue:

http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/277/14656#14659

Dwaine Maggart
Blackmagic Design DaVinci Support

Return to posts index

Robert Krueger
Re: Resolve Lite - Macbook Pro, OS X 10.6.8 - CUDA driver not loaded but the version displayed is the right one
on Jul 8, 2012 at 2:49:27 pm

Thanks for the quick response!

Graphics Mode was not set to Higher Performance. I change that but it did not help. I even rebooted and checked again. Permissions and ownership of the StartupItems folder look ok:

ls -l /System/Library/StartupItems
total 0
drwxr-xr-x 4 root wheel 136 Apr 15 2011 CUDA

Robert

Return to posts index

Dwaine Maggart
on Jul 8, 2012 at 3:39:42 pm

Try downloading and installing the CUDA 4.0.31 driver from the NVIDIA Driver Download site at this link:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/mac-driver-archive.html

Sometimes installing another CUDA driver will fix weird problems like this.

Dwaine Maggart
Blackmagic Design DaVinci Support

Return to posts index

Robert Krueger
on Jul 8, 2012 at 5:36:15 pm

that did it.

Error message is gone, so now I can begin to explore Resolve.

Thanks for the excellent support!

Cheers,

Robert

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]