FORUMS: list search recent posts

Davinci Not recognizing my GTX 580 3gb.

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe Bigornia
Davinci Not recognizing my GTX 580 3gb.
on Jun 21, 2012 at 12:28:24 pm

I get a "Resolve has determined that the display GPU is also being used for image processing and so performance is limited" Please help me out with this. Thank you guys.

Return to posts index

Margus Voll
Re: Davinci Not recognizing my GTX 580 3gb.
on Jun 21, 2012 at 12:49:34 pm

what divers what slots etc.
pc or mac version card. what machine ?
how is power managed etc.

devil is in details!

it is like with car, only wheel does not helt to diagnose the problem if it is broken.

--

Margus

http://iconstudios.eu

DaVinci 8.2.1 OSX 10.7.3
MacPro 5.1 2x2,93 24GB
GTX 470 / Quadro 4000
Multibridge 2 Pro

Return to posts index

Joe Bigornia
on Jun 21, 2012 at 8:24:02 pm

I just uploaded the Beta Version Drivers from Nvidia. It was Updated on June 18,2012
This is a PC Version, My PC is i7 920 with 12GB of RAM.
Power managed? I have a 650 watt adapter. I hope that is what you are asking for.
Thank you

Return to posts index

Martin Stange
on Jul 5, 2012 at 11:04:43 am

Hi,

You need to install the correct and ONLY driver version of nvidia, which is 280.26. With all other drivers it might not work or you get less performance. I learnt it the hard way, why I only got 17fps with the latest driver...

I also have a GTX580 3GB and no seperate gui-card. Davinci gives an error message but it´s absolutely no problem if you have no gui card. In fact I installed a second (the same) GTX580 3GB (for 3D-Rendering in Blender with cycles) and I see no performance inprovement in my Resolve Lite, which is limited to one cuda-card.

Kind Regards

Francis

Everyday without compassion is a lost day.
Therefore "Carpe Diem"

Martin Stange
Avid Editor, Junior Colorist, VFX-Artist, or just call me "God of Post" ;-)

Return to posts index

Juan Salvo
on Jun 21, 2012 at 3:38:39 pm

It sounds like you've got your dispay connected to the 580. In order for resolve to use the card for processing, it needs to be disconnected from any displays.

Online Editor | Colorist | Post Super | VFX Artist | BD Author

http://JuanSalvo.com

Return to posts index

Joe Bigornia
on Jun 21, 2012 at 8:25:59 pm

Hi Juan,
Can I ask what you mean? I have my GTX 580 going to 2 LCD displays. How am I suppose to hook my video card up then? I am confused. Thank you

Return to posts index

Eric Johnson
on Jun 21, 2012 at 8:47:29 pm

You need one card for the GUI (monitors) and have nothing plugged into the 580 (gpu only).

Return to posts index

Joe Bigornia
on Jun 21, 2012 at 9:22:31 pm

Sorry for the Newb question. So, I need to unplug my GTX 580 from my displays and get an additional card just for my monitors? I pretty dumb in this department when it comes to Computer Hardware. Thank you so much for helping me out guys.

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
on Jun 21, 2012 at 9:20:53 pm

[Joe Bigornia] "Can I ask what you mean? I have my GTX 580 going to 2 LCD displays"

I get the feeling the OP has only one GPU. This would explain the DaVinci error message, since two GPUs are normally required to take advantage of CUDA processing -- one for the primary User Interface (which should be connected to a display) and a second for image processing (which should not be attached to a display).

How do I see the color-corrected output?, the poster might ask.
The configuration manual would point out the use of a Video I/O device -- specifically the Blackmagic Decklink Extreme3D.

jPo

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index

Peter Berg
on Jun 22, 2012 at 3:39:27 am

Might I suggest posting this in the Davinci config forum (I think this question was why they wanted to split the forums into 2.. one for config questions and one for usage questions).

Did you read the Config manual that is on the Blackmagic website?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]