I have a little bit of trouble conforming a project from a FCP XML.
What I did:
I used Resolve to render offline dailies. Added a basic grade to all the clips and exported them as ProRes(LT) with the same name and timecode as the original R3Ds.
Imported the Quicktimes in FCP 7 and edited.
In the project there are also clips from a GH2 camera transcoded to Quicktimes with 5DtoRGB.
When I send back the edit to Resolve via an XML the following happens:
1. if I uncheck "Assist using reel numbers" the edit conforms but around 30% of the shots are wrongly matched.
2. I tried different combinations of "Assist using reel numbers" checking "Source clip file pathname" - with different patterns / "Mediapool folder name" / "Embedding in source clip file" - But either nothing gets matched or only the Quicktimes from the GH2 camera.
Strangely in the "conform EDL" window the RED clips have no reel names assigned only the GH2 files have them.
It's not a life threatening problem as it's only a 4 minute edit and I could also force reconform the wrong clips.
But if anyone could point me into the right direction I would be very grateful.