FORUMS: list search recent posts

Opacity

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
stig olsen
Opacity
on Jun 2, 2012 at 7:55:38 pm

Hi,

I have some cinegrain added on the second track with blending mode, and want to change the opacity of the clip. I have looked through the manual but cant find it.

Stig

Return to posts index

brandon thomas
Re: Opacity
on Jun 3, 2012 at 12:17:57 am

You should be able to control that essentially by adjusting lift/gamma/gain if you have the composite mode of the clip set to overlay.

Alternately, you can add an Alpha Output to the cinegrain layer, and then use the gain slider under Post Mixing in the Key tab with the alpha output of the node connected to the new Alpha output of the clip.

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
on Jun 3, 2012 at 7:16:25 pm

[brandon thomas] "Alternately, you can add an Alpha Output to the cinegrain layer, and then use the gain slider under Post Mixing in the Key tab with the alpha output of the node connected to the new Alpha output of the clip."

I'm not sure that the current version (8.n) supports imbedded alpha... Resolve 9 will, but for now, you have to extract the A channel and import/attach it as an independent clip. Then the "alpha output" will work, otherwise, you have to build the alpha with a qualification of some sort.

jPo

You mean "Old Ben"? Ben Kenobi?

Return to posts index

brandon thomas
on Jun 3, 2012 at 7:24:38 pm

[Joseph Owens] "I'm not sure that the current version (8.n) supports imbedded alpha... Resolve 9 will, but for now, you have to extract the A channel and import/attach it as an independent clip. Then the "alpha output" will work, otherwise, you have to build the alpha with a qualification of some sort.
"

This work around doesn't have anything to do with an embedded alpha, strictly deals with the opacity of the clip itself.

No qualification necessary.

Return to posts index

stig olsen
on Jun 4, 2012 at 9:07:36 am

Thanks for the inputs!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]