FORUMS: list search recent posts

Workflow suggestions for already graded mixed format timeline?

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Noam Kroll
Workflow suggestions for already graded mixed format timeline?
on Jun 1, 2012 at 11:00:55 pm

I had a client deliver a tcp 7 project file to me that was to be exported for colouring in resolve. The original project had mixed media (16mm film converted to prores, h.264 from a 5d and some DV b-roll shots. I was told that all of the files were converted to prores and the fcp7 timeline didn't have any other format in it. I proceeded to bring the project into resolve, completed the grade and then was unable to render out properly. Every time I attempted to export it would crash at the same frame. I then realized that the footage which was supposed to have been transcoded was still in its native form. I am assuming this must be what is causing resolve to freeze on export as I have never seen this issue before.

Has anyone encountered this problem before and if so do you have any suggestions? At this point I am assuming I will need to reconfirm all of the DV/5d footage to prores and then export a new xml for resolve. Any other suggestions for quicker/easier workflows or methods within resolve that may help with the render process?

I am on an 8 core macpro with 20gb of ram.

Return to posts index

Michael Griggs
Re: Workflow suggestions for already graded mixed format timeline?
on Jun 2, 2012 at 12:09:38 am

Not sure about doing anything from in Resolve, but it does sound like a job for FCP Media Manager... Just recompress the timeline you were trying to grade and reconnect via xml like you said...Should solve your problem.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]