FORUMS: list search recent posts

V8.2 - Avid AAF's And Image Repositions

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Martin
V8.2 - Avid AAF's And Image Repositions
on May 30, 2012 at 7:27:23 pm

I thought I remembered reading in a press release that 8.2 will read and execute image repositions from an Avid generated AAF. Anyone out there who can confirm and vouch for this. If so is it limited to static moves or animated as well. Thanks.

Cheers, Chris

Return to posts index

Conor Bowes
Re: V8.2 - Avid AAF's And Image Repositions
on May 31, 2012 at 4:37:29 am

It will show animated resizes but it won't allow you to take them off. When importing the AAF there is a setting "Use sizing information from AAF" (Or something very similar to this).

It won't bake them into footage unless you do a target render though. Any resizes done in Resolve will be baked in for a source render as well.

The only image manip that I have come across that doesn't work is Flop

Conor Bowes
Colour Grader
http://www.thaumaturgy.com.au

Return to posts index

Greg AUSINA
on Dec 26, 2012 at 11:18:09 pm

Hi Conor,
I'm trying to retrieve an animated resize from an avid aaf into resolve but it doesn't show. I'm using mediacomp V6 and resolve 9. I'm shure I'm missing a stupid step. Could you explain me the steps, please?
Thanks, regards, Grégoire.

G.Ausina / Gisèle productions / Paris

Return to posts index

Conor Bowes
on Jan 5, 2013 at 3:04:13 am

If the resize is supported then it is a simple process of selecting the clip r-click, "Use Sizing Information from AAF" turned on.

If this doesn't bring across the animated resize then you will have to export the footage or Video Mixdown to bake the Effect into the clip (if someone knows an easier way to do it than this I am all ears - it is really inconvenient)

Conor Bowes
Colour Grader
http://www.thaumaturgy.com.au

Return to posts index

Greg AUSINA
on Jan 5, 2013 at 9:06:11 am

Hello Conor,
I've asked the question on the Blackmagic forum but no one seems to know the answer. Baking is not an option for me because I want to keep the resolution of my 4K footage and then crop and move into an HD output. What is really frustrating is that this workflow works well between FCP and Resolve via an XML. And what is also frustrating is that if you import the aaf into After effects CS6, all the keyframes are there! It is simply a matter of Resolve that is unable to retreive theses keyframes from the aaf. I guess a minor update of Resolve would solve the issue. I hope Blackmagic people hang around on the fields of creative cow!
Regards, Greg.

G.Ausina / Gisèle productions / Paris

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]