FORUMS: list search recent posts

Using RD3 Files in Resolve Lite

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andy Matthias
Using RD3 Files in Resolve Lite
on May 23, 2012 at 7:34:30 pm

I downloaded and installed Resolve Lite and I wanted to try experimenting with grading some RD3 files. I added their location to the media library and set everything up in the BROWSE and CONFORM rooms. When I go to the COLOR room I can't see any of the clips and I get that error about running GPU algorithms. After doing some searching online I found a RED workflow manual and it mentions something about setting the source to the RED Decoder. I can't find that anywhere in the SETUP room. When I right-click on the clips in the COLOR room there is no option for RD3 settings. How do I get this installed?

Return to posts index

Dwaine Maggart
Re: Using RD3 Files in Resolve Lite
on May 23, 2012 at 8:34:46 pm

Do you see the clips OK on the Browse page, in the Browse page viewer? What type of system are you on? What type of graphics card(s)/chipset does your system have? How much VRAM does the graphics card(s)/chipset have?

Dwaine Maggart
Blackmagic Design DaVinci Support

Return to posts index

Andy Matthias
on May 23, 2012 at 8:41:48 pm

I actually cannot see the clips in any window. I'll sometimes get a frame of image distortion but thats it.
I'm working on a MacPro with the latest OS (10.7.4) and the latest version of Resolve Lite. I have an ATI Radeon HD 5770 1024 MB video card.

Return to posts index

Dwaine Maggart
on May 23, 2012 at 9:02:00 pm

Are you using the 8.2.1 beta 3 version of Resolve Lite? That's what you HAVE to use if you've done the OSX 10.7.4 update and have an ATI card.

Dwaine Maggart

Return to posts index

Andy Matthias
on May 23, 2012 at 9:06:01 pm

Downloading it now. I didn't realize there was a recent update. I'll try it and let you know.

Return to posts index

Andy Matthias
on May 24, 2012 at 1:07:26 pm

Thanks Dwaine, that solved it. Did they get rid of RED support for 8.2 cause I thought it had settings for RED in 8.1?

Return to posts index

Dwaine Maggart
on May 24, 2012 at 3:48:57 pm

Nothing to do with Red support. The OSX 10.7.4 update created an issue with the Resolve openCL GPU handling that we use with AMD/ATI GPU cards/chipsets. 8.2.1 beta 3 has a fix for the issue.

If you were running OSX 10.7.3, then Resolve 8.2 would have worked OK for you.

Dwaine Maggart

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]