FORUMS: list search recent posts

DaVinci Resolve 8.2.1 beta 3 released

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peter Chamberlain
DaVinci Resolve 8.2.1 beta 3 released
on May 18, 2012 at 9:25:46 am

There is a new DaVinci Resolve 8.2.1 beta 3 available at http://www.blackmagic-design.com/support which is recommended for all customers, particularly those using OpenCL for image processing.

Peter

Return to posts index

Boris Tivchev
Re: DaVinci Resolve 8.2.1 beta 3 released
on May 18, 2012 at 9:35:13 am

Great! Thanks a lot!

Return to posts index

Peter Proniewicz-Brooks
on May 18, 2012 at 11:24:06 am

It's aliiiive!

Just done a course and was keen to test. Was trying to work out what exactly was wrong with my 9 month old iMac, listed as an approved spec than was meaning it wasn't display video!

Updates fixed it.

Return to posts index

Nikolai Metin
on May 18, 2012 at 9:29:39 pm

downloaded/installed. At least I can see my footage in the timeline now. However, playback is half the speed of before. Software crashes after a few secs of playback in the "color" tab. Tried 3 times same result.

"I cut, I disco..."

Return to posts index

Boris Tivchev
on May 19, 2012 at 6:49:06 am

On a 2011 iMac when playing back R3D files Im also getting about half the fps I was getting before the OS X 10.7.4 update. Thats about 10-15fps without any corrections and quality set to 1/2 good. A week ago i was getting 25fps with a few nodes applied with the same settings. Downgrading to 10.7.3 didn't help. I have been in touch with BMD support about this. Very nice guys, no fix yet though.

Really hoping this gets sorted by next week as its now seriously hurting my work...

Return to posts index

Rohit Gupta
on May 23, 2012 at 1:45:32 am

Hi Boris,

We went back and made speed comparisons. There are no differences in Red performance before and after the update. This is also confirmed by the fact that you went back to 10.7.3, and it didn't change things either.

I think you need to use a lower decode resolution to get RT playback on your iMac. Alternatively use faster/more CPUs, or a Red Rocket card in a workstation.

Regards,
Rohit

Return to posts index

Nikolai Metin
on May 22, 2012 at 6:37:42 pm

still crashing like crazy. Any news on an update from black magic? Nothing on their site. I have a project on deadline and kind of have to know whether I should start from scratch in another software.

"I cut, I disco..."

Return to posts index

Juan Salvo
on May 22, 2012 at 6:51:53 pm

CUDA seems to work fine. Haven't had any crashes. Easiest fix might just be to go CUDA.

Online Editor | Colorist | Post Super | VFX Artist | BD Author

http://JuanSalvo.com

Return to posts index

Nikolai Metin
on May 22, 2012 at 7:08:21 pm

Don't know much about CUDA... isn't it only nvidia cards thing?
Davinci was working perfectly on my macbook pro until this disaster update. I was a day away from completing a project :(
Note to self: never update OS until a few months past.

"I cut, I disco..."

Return to posts index

Anish Prithviraj
on May 23, 2012 at 2:16:10 am

Nikolai,

Could you go to /Library/Application Support/Blackmagic Design/DaVinci Resolve/ and run the "Capture Logs" application immediately after a crash. This will create a log file on your Desktop. Please email that to davincihelp (at) blackmagic-design.com.

It would also help if you could send us an export of the project.

Thanks,
Anish

Return to posts index

Nikolai Metin
on May 23, 2012 at 8:42:02 pm

un/reinstalled and it works great this time, about render. Go figure. Thanks!

"I cut, I disco..."

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]