FORUMS: list search recent posts

Deliverables

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brendan Maghran
Deliverables
on May 15, 2012 at 5:12:56 am

Hi All,

First time post on this forum- normally living in the avid world. I am directing a short this July- shooting on RED EPIC. Will offline at DNx 36 and then send to resolve via AAF to grade the Raw color data. We are delivering to festivals, many who simply require an internet ready file or DVD for the screening process...My questions revolve around where to go from there. I'm a Da Vinci newb, do we conform and output our master file from Resolve? I am not the colorist but want to understand the process before hand. Do people usually finish with DPX sequences output from Resolve? Any advice is helpful, I've been scouring the internet for workflows.

Thanks!
Brendan

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
Re: Deliverables
on May 15, 2012 at 10:44:31 pm

[Brendan Maghran] "Do people usually finish with DPX sequences output from Resolve?"

If they're "usually" finishing for an output that would require a 10 -(or greater)-bit sequential frame format. If you are delivering a web-stream QT or a DVD, this feels like extreme overkill, when ProRes QT would be far more than enough. And far more compact.

DPX-flow lends itself to film-out and DCP, although for the indie crowd, there are many other considerations.

jPo

You mean "Old Ben"? Ben Kenobi?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]