FORUMS: list search recent posts

4K Edit into a 1080p Resolve Lite Master Session

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan Snook
4K Edit into a 1080p Resolve Lite Master Session
on May 9, 2012 at 12:16:52 pm

I've done a few 4K edits (from the Scarlet-X), and every time I import my XML (from Premiere Pro) into Resolve Lite - I get black bars at the top, bottom, and very thin ones on the sides. This is probably due to the 1920x1080 limitation of Resolve Lite, but even when I correct the aspect ratio like 1920x1011 or whatever - or even use the 'stretch all corners' scaling or other scaling methods in the config tab in Resolve Lite I still get these black bars (but slightly thinner). I have to scale up the footage later in After Effects for final renders.

Dumb? Remedies? Any fellow battlers share this pain?

Return to posts index

Margus Voll
Re: 4K Edit into a 1080p Resolve Lite Master Session
on May 9, 2012 at 2:44:39 pm

i do not have lite to test with but you could zoom in on format page i think in resolve.

no need for AE afterwards. but you have to test it as i do not have lite at hand and premiere now.

--

Margus

http://iconstudios.eu

DaVinci 8.2.1 OSX 10.7.3
MacPro 5.1 2x2,93 24GB
GTX 470 / Quadro 4000
Multibridge 2 Pro

Return to posts index

Mike Most
on May 9, 2012 at 3:21:12 pm

Sounds like whoever did the offline edit resized the clips. Try importing the XML and deselect "use sizing transforms," or whatever that particular setting is in the load XML dialog box. Use fit to current format (the default setting, NOT "stretch to corners) and it should be fine. The black bars at the top and bottom have nothing to do with resolution and everything to do with aspect ratio. If the material was shot in a 2:1 aspect - common for Red material - it will be letterboxed because you're fitting it into a 1920x1080 container.

Return to posts index

Ryan Snook
on May 9, 2012 at 4:05:44 pm

Yeah - Id expect a letter box as its not exactly 16:9. But why in the world would I want 2-3 pixels of trash black on the sides of my footage in addition to the letter box? Absurd.

Return to posts index

brandon thomas
on May 9, 2012 at 4:58:04 pm

This is a bug with certain types of material.

Make sure you have Source Blanking turned OFF under the Format Tab. Should solve the problem.

Return to posts index

Ryan Snook
on May 9, 2012 at 7:01:12 pm

I'll check that out.
Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]