FORUMS: list search recent posts

Log workflow with mixed RED and Alexa timeline

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Toby Tomkins
Log workflow with mixed RED and Alexa timeline
on May 8, 2012 at 6:02:21 pm

Hello again.

I've got a project coming up that has mixed Red and Alexa footage (for some reason they shot a lot 2-camera with both cameras, don't get me started!). I want to maintain a log workflow (LogC for Alexa and RedLogFilm for RED), and grade in log, with the aim of having a log master at the end that can be converted via LUT to P3/DCI, Rec709 and used for print etc. I want to monitor for P3 with a profiled Sony OLED monitor (using a display LUT), using Evangelos at MotionFX with Cinespace/Cineprofiler to help me do that.

Can anyone advise on anything? (-;

Thanks!!

Return to posts index

Kritsada Kaewmani
Re: Log workflow with mixed RED and Alexa timeline
on May 9, 2012 at 6:14:45 am

The easiest way to make R3D files reasonably close to AlexaLogC (without dealing with complicated color science) is setting R3D file color space to "CameraRGB" and gamma curve "RedLogFilm". Then follow AlexaLogC workflow.

Return to posts index

Toby Tomkins
on May 9, 2012 at 1:59:16 pm

Great. Thanks. I'll try that! Hopefully it'll be close enough as this would really simplify the workflow.

Return to posts index

Kritsada Kaewmani
on May 9, 2012 at 3:44:12 pm

I assume that they shoot RED vs ARRI on different scenes so you can't see the difference of the easy setup. But If it's the same scene you may need to select "Camera RGB" and "Custom PD Log" then fine tune Black point, White point and Film gamma of the RED shot againts ARRI shot to minimize the difference.

Return to posts index

Toby Tomkins
on May 9, 2012 at 4:12:35 pm

That's a good idea. Thanks. Unfortunately they shot both cameras within scenes! It's going to be a long grade!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]