FORUMS: list search recent posts

Reference monitor Saying "HDMI Out Of Range" 33.7khz/30hz

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
josh phoenix
Reference monitor Saying "HDMI Out Of Range" 33.7khz/30hz
on Apr 26, 2012 at 9:02:13 pm

So I just bought the Intensity Pro Card so I could see My Grades full screen. I did not have the money for a Pro monitor so I just purchased a normal LG monitor and I have it connected with an hdmi cable. I am getting the error when I try and run my monitoring at 1080p. Can I solve this? Or do I need a better monitor?

Return to posts index

Juan Salvo
Re: Reference monitor Saying "HDMI Out Of Range" 33.7khz/30hz
on Apr 26, 2012 at 9:10:08 pm

You should post this in the lite forum.

online editor | colorist | VFX | BD author

http://JuanSalvo.com

Return to posts index

Juan Salvo
on Apr 27, 2012 at 1:41:48 am

Hi Josh,

It was pointed out to me that my other comment may have been dismissive. I wanted to clarify... Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you're using Resolve LITE. And like many Resolve LITE users doing so in a non-recommended, non-optimal (maybe non-professional) configuration? I hope I'm not off base so far. Trying to use an intensity card & consumer lg set, both point to this.

Because of this there are many, many factors that could go in to what's causeing your particular issue. From the card you're using being faulty, to it's setting, to the cable or cable adapters, to the model of the set, to the setting on the set, to it just being a faulty set.

This could take a while to figure out and involve a lot of back and forth, thereby crowding this forum. A forum in which the question doesn't really belong. Other resolve lite user running similiar configs would probably be more helpful to you. And as you can see I also participate in the LiTE forum, and would try to be helpful there to you as well, as would the many other participants in both forums.

-Juan

Return to posts index

josh phoenix
on Apr 27, 2012 at 3:40:28 am

I have 8 macs. 5 imacs and 3 mac pro's. This is on my pc which has dual GTX580 and hexa core 4.2 sandy bridge. Im running the Resolve I just bought for 1k. Is this the lite version? I dont get this? I understand the intensity pro is not the best card but I was assured it would output 1080p, and if we had an endless budget in this recession I would pick up a RED Epic and the 30k Davinci board too:) We have so many workstations and we are not doing TV or blockbusters, we are a very small business. I really think this card should output 1080p as it says this in the marketing. I appreciate you trying to direct me to an answer and it does not help saying my kit is un-professional. This seems more like ego than constructive. Just my take.

Peace

Return to posts index

Juan Salvo
on Apr 27, 2012 at 3:59:07 am

Fine, my appologies. IMHO the divide in forums should have been between standard configurations (as in those using the davinci resolve configuration guide) and non-standard. I think you'll agree that your configuration falls under the "non-standard" umbrella, correct?

It seems odd that you would spend 1k on the software, that has no functional difference for you... Rather than use that same 1k to purchase a Decklink card.

As I'm sure you've discovered HDMI is a tricky beast. There is the issue of handshake, monitor signal and identification.

First you should verify that your monitor works, if you have the manual and it tells you what hdmi formats are supported that would help. If you have a ps3 or other hdmi source that can simulate the settings you are trying to achive try this first. If it works, means the issue lies with your card or cables.

How is your tv set connected to the intensity? Which model intensity is it?

Did you mention you were running on windows?

Make sure your video output setting in resolve are set to a configuration that your monitor supports. If you're still not getting picture, try another cable. If that doesn't work... Well it's really a crap shoot. There are a dozen things that could be messing you up. And you really are better off cross posting this in the other forums where people using a configuration closer to yours can help.

As I'm sure you've noticed very little of this has to do with davinci resolve. It's mostly trouble shooting a consumer tv set. This is not what this forum should be about.

Return to posts index

josh phoenix
on Apr 27, 2012 at 3:47:29 am

Ok. I figured this out. The monitor could not support 50hz so I set this to 25hz and now playback is beautiful in 1080p. Hope this helps someone else.

Peace

Return to posts index

Sascha Haber
on Apr 27, 2012 at 6:41:43 am

Good luck with the limitation of the onboard HDMI.
Its ok for playback, not for judging grades.

A slice of color...

DaVinci 8.2.1 OSX 10.7.2
MacPro 5.1 2x2,4 24GB
RAID0 8TB
GTX 470 / Quadro 4000
Extreme 3D+

ICA Instructor
http://www.icolorist.com/Sascha.html

Return to posts index

josh phoenix
on Apr 27, 2012 at 5:13:12 pm

Mostly our videos are viewed online not in a theatre or even a decent home theatre. Im just really trying to have some of the basics for production. I understand this is not the ideal card and I will be getting the higher end card later. Maybe there should be 3 forums. Resolve Lite;Resolve;Small businesses with budgets that still like Resolve:)

What business are you guys in?

Return to posts index

josh phoenix
on Apr 27, 2012 at 5:16:53 pm

I just saw your website. Looks like an awesome class. You see, I can use the money i saved on the card to further my education!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]