FORUMS: list search recent posts

Different frame rates in the same project?

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alexandre Cristófaro
Different frame rates in the same project?
on Apr 26, 2012 at 4:20:34 pm

Hello, this a question I often have to deal with. I know that's a editor's / camera operator's fault but it's really common that it's left for me to deal with it.

I have a timeline in FCP that's set to 29,97 720x486 because the editor tought it was a good idea to set it that way since the final output will be a BETA tape. But the original files comes from variable sources. I have 5D prores at 1920x1080, 1280x720 at 29,97 fps and at 23,976. And DVCPROHD 960x720 at 23,976.

I found that is impossible to conform that timeline to Resolve. So I was left with two options: Export a closed movie from final cut changing the timeline to FULLHD and fit everything to it and cut it in Resolve. But then I would have to assume the awful scale and frame rate adaptation from Final Cut. (much better scaling in resolve!)

Or the other that I choose to go with was to separate the timeline in two: one at 23 and other at 29, both 1920x1080 and send that to resolve so that I'm able to use the great scaling algorithms from resolve and do a online edit after with resolve out.

That seemed to work fine, but the question is: Can I have two timelines with different frame rates in the same project in resolve or I have to create one different project to each timeline? The timeline framerate option in the configuration tab seems to be global to the entire project! Is there anyway that I can have both timelines in one project?!

Thank you all

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]