FORUMS: list search recent posts

DaVinci Renders missing... New renders don't link in Avid MC 5.5

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Will Rogan
DaVinci Renders missing... New renders don't link in Avid MC 5.5
on Apr 24, 2012 at 11:43:22 pm

Hey all,

I just finished rendering out a project from Resolve 8.2.1 at DNxHD 145 MXFs, and some of the renders are missing. I suspect it was because they are groups of clips originating from the same media file, and I did not check "Render Each Clip with Unique Filename" when rendering out. These clips have the same clip name in my Avid project and I think Davinci Resolve tried to give them the same name, effective writing over the previous clip rendered.

So, with this in mind I go to render out new media of those missing clips with the unique filename option checked, but they come out with filenames that are not even anywhere close to my original renders. Most importantly, they do not relink in Avid.

I have tried dragging the database file into the bin, I have tried bumping out a new AAF and dragging that into the bin, but to no avail.

What can I do?

Thanks,
Will

Return to posts index

Juan Salvo
Re: DaVinci Renders missing... New renders don't link in Avid MC 5.5
on Apr 25, 2012 at 12:05:33 am

Davinci will overwrite the file if the source has the same name.

Can you check 'Use Prefix Sufix... from source" and also check "render each clip with unique file name"... I'm not at my system right now, so I can't check, but I believe enabling both of those will result in the original file name plus a unique digit. Not ideal, but hopefully it'll work.

If I'm wrong, hopefully someone will correct me. But you can at least try that in the mean time.

online editor | colorist | VFX | BD author

http://JuanSalvo.com

Return to posts index

Will Rogan
on Apr 25, 2012 at 12:22:21 am

Juan,

Thank you so much for your quick reply.
It turns out that I had not clicked on the new sequence that the AAF generates in the Avid bin. In a panic for a deadline I was still looking at the previous one.
Now that I check the new sequence, all the new renders link up correctly.

Best
Will

Return to posts index

Juan Salvo
on Apr 25, 2012 at 12:49:56 am

Oh good.

online editor | colorist | VFX | BD author

http://JuanSalvo.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved