FORUMS: list search recent posts

Edit RED codec on one clip

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric Denis
Edit RED codec on one clip
on Apr 19, 2012 at 2:22:31 am

Is there a way to Edit RED codec on one clip in the timeline and not on the whole R3D file? I have very long clips and there are more than one portion of the clip in the edit. I tried new versions and groups but it still affect the entire clip...

Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Danny Scotting
Re: Edit RED codec on one clip
on Apr 19, 2012 at 3:15:12 am

Batch Unlink, or Split the clip in your master session??

Danny Scotting - Senior Digital Colourist

Return to posts index

Juan Salvo
on Apr 19, 2012 at 4:32:31 am

Create a new local version.

online editor | colorist | VFX | BD author

http://JuanSalvo.com

Return to posts index

Gabriele Turchi
on Apr 19, 2012 at 4:49:23 am

Nope in V8 Red setting are global per shot so version won't work (it will in V9)

You can trim R3D before import in resolve
G

Davinci Resolve Control Surface
MacPro
Cubix desktop 4
2 Red Rockets
GTX470+GTX470+GTX470
24GB RAM
HP Dreamcolor
Panasonic 58PF Plasma
Ultrascope

Return to posts index

Juan Salvo
on Apr 19, 2012 at 1:46:05 pm

I don't think the original poster actually meant to ask about editing the cam panel/debayer settings but rather the adjustment to a grade. Or at least thats how I interpreted it.

BTW, how fantastic is the ability to do that now?

Return to posts index

Eric Denis
on Apr 19, 2012 at 4:30:19 pm

Basically, I have a 30 minutes helicopter shot that is used a couple of times in the editing. I want to adjust the ISO differently depending on the light at this moment. It act like theses shots in the timeline are linked. However, when I batch unlink, it still affect the whole original clip. A new version does not work either…
There is a certain logic that Resolve works that way but I was wondering is there is a tricks to avoid this behaviour.

I'm sorry for the confusion!

Return to posts index

Juan Salvo
on Apr 19, 2012 at 5:03:25 pm

Yeah.... you need to break up the media. In red cine-x for example, you could trim the clip to just the parts you need. Make a new clip with it. Then manually add that in to your session.

Another work around would be to set it to the lower ISO and then grade the other shots with a local version to raise the gain and adjust accordingly. Will also probably need some noise reduction.

But the red decode settings are universal for now. Not version based. Sorry I misinterpreted your question.

Return to posts index

Danny Scotting
on Apr 20, 2012 at 2:15:57 am

If you can't get it back into Redcine then adjust the iso and render the clip you want changed with handles to dpx, with a unique file name. Then force conform that shot back in. it will then be a standalone clip you can grade separately. Quality shouldn't be too drastically affected.

Danny Scotting - Senior Digital Colourist

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]