FORUMS: list search recent posts

DaVinci LITE Users; Please ask your questions in the DaVinci LITE forum

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ronald Lindeboom
DaVinci LITE Users; Please ask your questions in the DaVinci LITE forum
on Apr 17, 2012 at 10:34:42 pm

Hello All,

Because of all the requests to separate the DaVinci Resolve forum into two separate forums -- one for the advanced systems and one for Resolve LITE -- we have done as requested.

If you use Resolve LITE please keep your questions on the LITE forum, it would be much appreciated. It will save us the trouble of moving your posts (which we will do if you insist on asking about LITE in the main DaVinci Resolve forum).

You will find the LITE forum at http://forums.creativecow.net/davinci_lite

Thank you for your cooperation and we now return you to your regularly scheduled program, already in progress.

Best regards,

Ronald Lindeboom
CEO, Creative COW LLC
Publisher, Creative COW Magazine
A 2011 FOLIO: 40 honoree as one of the 40 most influential publishers in America
http://www.creativecow.net

Creativity is a process wherein the student and the teacher are located in the same individual.

"Incompetence has never prevented me from plunging in with enthusiasm."
- Woody Allen

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those that matter, don't mind -- and those that mind, don't matter." - Dr. Seuss

Return to posts index

Sascha Haber
Re: DaVinci LITE Users; Please ask your questions in the DaVinci LITE forum
on Apr 19, 2012 at 7:25:24 am

Can this thread be stickie on top of the page ?

A slice of color...

DaVinci 8.2.1 OSX 10.7.2
MacPro 5.1 2x2,4 24GB
RAID0 8TB
GTX 470 / Quadro 4000
Extreme 3D+

ICA Instructor
http://www.icolorist.com/Sascha.html

Return to posts index

Zak Ray
on Apr 24, 2012 at 2:55:18 pm

Might I suggest DaVinci Resolve "Basic" (a la the FCP forum) instead? I don't think it's unreasonable to assume that there could be advanced questions from Lite users (or even vice-versa, as people who buy a BMD Cinema Camera receive free copies of Resolve), nor does it seem in line with COW philosophy to create a walled garden of experts in the Resolve forum...

Return to posts index

Dmitry Kitsov
on Apr 27, 2012 at 6:40:02 am

Perhaps a better, less divisive solution is to separate forum into "Resolve Technical" and "Resolve Creative/Workflow". This would perhaps help to avoid certain nasty elitist attitude that some of the posters have towards the NOOBs.

Return to posts index

Ronald Lindeboom
on Apr 27, 2012 at 6:03:30 pm

[Dmitry Kitsov] "This would perhaps help to avoid certain nasty elitist attitude that some of the posters have towards the NOOBs."

There is no fixing a crappy human nature. Sorry to disappoint you but no mechanism on Earth can do that. The people who need to change have to do it and in my experience, there's little chance of that.

I gave up looking for the magic "fix human nature" mechanism long ago.

There have to be hard and easy lines of demarcation and the more abstract a thought, the less people will understand it. A hard line for "Lite" or for the regular version is easily grasped and understood. Anything more abstract than that and things begin to fall victim to the gray.

Lastly, there are no perfect answers, someone is always going to disagree and want it some other way.

Best regards,

Ronald Lindeboom
CEO, Creative COW LLC
Publisher, Creative COW Magazine
A 2011 FOLIO: 40 honoree as one of the 40 most influential publishers in America
http://www.creativecow.net

Creativity is a process wherein the student and the teacher are located in the same individual.

"Incompetence has never prevented me from plunging in with enthusiasm."
- Woody Allen

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those that matter, don't mind -- and those that mind, don't matter." - Dr. Seuss

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]