FORUMS: list search recent posts

Intensity Pro + Plasma setup, a few questions about Resolve and Colour Spaces

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Miguel Santana
Intensity Pro + Plasma setup, a few questions about Resolve and Colour Spaces
on Apr 15, 2012 at 6:35:13 pm

Hi all!

I'll try and keep this as brief as possible, but I've basically got a few questions regarding a budget setup with which I'll grade my short film using Resolve.

I've just ordered a Panasonic G30 Plasma HDTV, to link up to my Intensity Pro via HDMI (tested with my LCD as the Panny hasn't arrived yet, the hardware and sofware all seems to be playing nice so far). I know the Intensity only outputs 8bit, but I can live with that for now.

In regards to calibration, I've also ordered an X-Rite i1 Display Pro, and the plan is to use the Calman software to help me get somewhat close to a calibration I can trust. Now for the questions:

1 - I'm thinking of using the HD calibration/grayscale pattern Mp4 files provided by the AVS forum (http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=948496), loading them into Resolve and calibrating with the probe and software via that source. Can anyone tell me if this is a bad idea, and why? I just thought that it made sense to calibrate to the same signal from which I'll be grading, rather than from a disc loaded in the xbox 360, for example - not sure if this would alter the display of the files?

2 - In the Resolve project settings, the video monitoring section has three options - YUV 4:2:2 SDI, RGB 4:4:4 Dual Link, and RGB 4:4:4 Single Link 3Gb/s. As far as I can remember from testing with my LCD, all three seem to output a signal to my TV. Which of these should I choose, and why?

3 - I'm guessing it may be related to the previous question, but essentially, correct me if I'm wrong, using this setup I'll be grading in Rec 709 colour space. Beyond some DVD/Blu-Ray copies and possibly projections at film festivals, ultimately I think the majority of people will watch it via the Internet. Do I need to know/do/convert anything for SRGB/Internet display?

Many thanks : )

Miguel

Return to posts index

Ben Edwards
Re: Intensity Pro + Plasma setup, a few questions about Resolve and Colour Spaces
on Jun 30, 2012 at 12:57:25 pm

Did you manage to play the test pasterns through the Intensity Pro and if so how. I am trying to do the same.

Ben

--
Ben Edwards - Freelance Picture Editor
http://www.funkytwig.com

Macpro1,1 2007 6GB RAM 2*2 3Ghz Xeon

Return to posts index

Patrick Taylor
Re: Intensity Pro + Plasma setup, a few questions about Resolve and Colour Spaces
on Sep 12, 2013 at 5:20:43 am

Did you ever find a solution to that second questions? I'm in a similar situation now and am wondering if and how I'll convert a YUV signal to .. well, to whatever my Panny Pro needs. YUV as well? RGB?

-Pat

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]