FORUMS: list search recent posts

5D davinci workflow?

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Carl Nenzen Loven
5D davinci workflow?
on Apr 13, 2012 at 3:05:30 am

So I am a total newbie to this world. Not really, but in colour grading I still am. I study film still and i'm working on my Final Year Project footage from my 5D.

Before I have done the simple Grinder to FCP7 adding filters then into nuendo.

But now I want to make it a bit more serious. Problem is, that I am so fresh for using external grading software.

What is the workflow? Is there a roundtrip back to FCP for export? How do I work towards Nuendo after? And if I want to crop it into 2.35:1 is there a way to make matte's "stick" through a XML/EDL export?

I am sorry if this question has already be answered, but when I searched I only found explanations for more advanced ones.

Carl Nenzen Loven
Cinematic Arts student at CityU of Hong Kong

Return to posts index

Juan Salvo
Re: 5D davinci workflow?
on Apr 13, 2012 at 4:52:58 am

I'll answer some of your questions quickly. But a lot of this is covered in the manual. It's not huge and I would recommend referring to that.

[Carl Nenzen Loven] "What is the workflow? Is there a roundtrip back to FCP for export?"
Yes, XML out from FCP, will reference your source media. Hopefully you haven't burned in any looks yet. Roundtrip back can be done with XML back to fcp. This is covered in the manual.

[Carl Nenzen Loven] "How do I work towards Nuendo after? "

You're going to spilt up your work into audio and video. Resolve doesn't do anything to your audio, you want to send to Nuendo directly from your locked cut.

[Carl Nenzen Loven] "And if I want to crop it into 2.35:1 is there a way to make matte's "stick" through a XML/EDL export?"
Yes, you can crop and matter in Resolve... or let it carry through in the XML and render the mattes out in FCP.

Good luck.

http://JuanSalvo.com

Return to posts index

Frank Wit
on Apr 13, 2012 at 7:04:23 am

Hi Carl,

next to the manual: youtube is your friend...

regards, Frank

Return to posts index

Carl Nenzen Loven
on Apr 15, 2012 at 10:36:20 am

Thanks guys for not being too harsh on a newbie :)

Yes, I will look into the manual more. Just, some of the language is a bit out of my league.

Carl Nenzen Loven
Cinematic Arts student at CityU of Hong Kong

Return to posts index

Robert Ober
on May 9, 2013 at 1:41:18 pm

I am not having any luck getting Resolve 9.x lite to export or show 1080p footage as scope. Any good tutorials?

Thanks,
Robert A. Ober

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]