FORUMS: list search recent posts

RED and 5D footage on same timeline ?

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chad Smith
RED and 5D footage on same timeline ?
on Apr 9, 2012 at 5:08:38 pm

If I bring the fcp XML into resolve all the 5D footage shows up but red footage not found as it is looking for the pro res .mov files. If I import the XML into redcine-x pro and link back to the original R3Ds the 5D footage does not show up in the timeline at all in redcine-x or in resolve once I export the relinked XML. ALso Resolve does not want to see the speed changes on the clips. One clip is 90% and that is not in the timeline at all. No slug. How can I have the 5D footage in the same timeline as the R3D media so I can color match them? How do I see the speed changed clips in Resolve?

Return to posts index

Kevin Cannon
Re: RED and 5D footage on same timeline ?
on Apr 9, 2012 at 8:12:20 pm

Hi Chad,

As far as getting the media in, you may need to do it in two steps... see how this works: first load the XML and tell it to automatically load media and ignore file extensions. When it asks you to select a directory for the media, point it to the directory with ONLY the R3D media and it should ignore the extension and load all the R3D clips into the media pool. You'll get a log that explains is could not find all your 5D stuff. Then right click in the timeline to "add additional clips" (or whatever the exact wording is) and point it to the folder with just the 5D footage and it will load that into the media pool.

KC

Return to posts index

Chad Smith
Re: RED and 5D footage on same timeline ?
on Apr 10, 2012 at 12:15:12 am

Thanks KC - Gave that a shot. Now some of the 5D footage made it and some of the RED files are not coming in or have slipped a great deal or are the wrong file altogether.

Of note on workflow is that this sequence is coming from a cut that was media managed so some of the clips have the file name with a 1 after it. Also some of the RED footage is from a RED ONE and some from EPIC. Perhaps I need to go through the cut in FCP and relink to the original transcode files then make a fresh XML?

Tried bringing files in selecting ignore file extension and it come back not finding some of the .mov files that should be R3D. All R3D files for the film are in one folder. Some of the files that don't relink are -1 or -v files. So it looks like I should go through the cut and replace the -1 files from the consolidate!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]