FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problems conforming RED Epic footage

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chad Terpstra
Problems conforming RED Epic footage
on Apr 4, 2012 at 12:29:51 am

I'm working on a project that was shot on the Epic. 80% of the material connects fine while the other 20% give the error, " failed to link because the media is missing.

The strange thing is that everything is loaded into the media pool. On the conform page I can find the clips that need to be linked but "Force conform w/ selected clip in media pool" is not an option.

Everything has timecode. The missing clips were transcoded differently and use ProRes LT instead of Proxy like the others but I don't see how that would affect anything.

Any ideas?


Return to posts index

Andrew Anderson
Re: Problems conforming RED Epic footage
on Apr 4, 2012 at 1:05:34 am

This will be a reel number support issue..

Open up the EDL or XML in a text viewer and find the reel number that is expected.

Right click on all the RED files in the media pool and set reel numbers

you want something like

/%R*_*_*_*.*

try that..

Davinci Resolve Control Surface
MacPro
Cubix desktop 4
2 Red Rockets
GTX470+GTX470+GTX285
24GB RAM
HP Dreamcolor


Return to posts index

Chad Terpstra
Re: Problems conforming RED Epic footage
on Apr 5, 2012 at 11:30:42 pm

I looked into the reel numbers but they matched. What didn't match however was the timecode. For some reason as soon as it came into Resolve the starting timecode for those clips was changed to something far from correct (sometimes reset back to 1:00:00:00 other times random numbers like 1:01:50:08). I manually set the timecode in the media pool and it linked up.

Any idea what might cause timecode to change once it hits Resolve? I noticed the clip name was changed in FCP but that shouldn't affect it.


Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]