FORUMS: list search recent posts

Reference monitor in Davinci

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
josh phoenix
Reference monitor in Davinci
on Apr 2, 2012 at 12:58:12 am

I don't have an expensive reference monitor yet but I would like to see my grades in full screen on my second monitor. I tried a bunch of different menus and right clicks with no solution.

Return to posts index

Eric Santiago
Re: Reference monitor in Davinci
on Apr 2, 2012 at 4:19:18 am

I dont think there is a way with Resolve.
Only the Scopes can be moved to a second monitor.
Maybe in future upgrades.

Return to posts index

Jonathon Lee
on Apr 2, 2012 at 4:56:32 am

Eric is correct. There is not currently a "dual graphics" monitor mode with Resolve.

You need to use a Decklink card that supports the video format you are using. Best is the Decklink HD Extreme 3D, but you can use many of the other Decklink cards as well. For REC709 in a non-RGB mode there are some cheaper ways to go if you need to "make it work".

You could use an Intensity Pro with a Panasonic plasma. That may be the cheapest semi-ok way to go.

Return to posts index

Gabriele Turchi
on Apr 2, 2012 at 7:01:11 am

Having the possibility to Move the GUI in the second monitor (mainly for node tree and still store , or shots thumbnails etc... is one of my big hope for new release ...)

as far as image , you want it to be out of a BMD card to avid OS icc color manipulation ..

Davinci Resolve Control Surface
MacPro
Cubix desktop 4
2 Red Rockets
GTX470+GTX470+GTX285
24GB RAM
HP Dreamcolor
Panasonic 58PF Plasma

Return to posts index

John Michaels
on Apr 2, 2012 at 4:29:21 am

You can get a Blackmagic Intensity Pro card for under $200 USD (among other options) to send the video to the second monitor. Otherwise, Resolve does not seem up support multiple monitors at this point.

Return to posts index

Esteban Aguilera
on Apr 2, 2012 at 8:05:28 pm

just say to those who recommend the intensity pro, I would like to comment as they would do the calibration of the monitor.

thank you very much

Di Davinci Resolve Colorist

Return to posts index

michael stirling
on Apr 3, 2012 at 11:54:54 am

presumably you would calibrate a monitor run from the intensity pro over HDMI the same way as any other non broadcast monitor - with a probe and some overly expensive calibration software to profile and create a LUT

~M

Return to posts index

Esteban Aguilera
on Apr 5, 2012 at 2:48:55 pm

Can you explain a bit more the process, please ?

Di Davinci Resolve Colorist

Return to posts index

michael stirling
on Apr 5, 2012 at 3:57:33 pm

First I don't own an intensity pro and haven't done this

but if you wanted to use a screen like a panasonic vt30 plasma say over hdmi then you would need to use a probe like the xrite i1 in conjunction with some profiling and calibration software to either get the monitor displaying accurate rec709 (presumably) or close to rec709 with a display LUT in DaVinci getting it bang on.

Software that is out there are things like Cine-tal Cinespace (recently bought by THX) or LightSpace CMS.
Unfortunately they will cost you more than the 50" plasma. If you really want to get into it I'd suggest http://www.avsforum.com/is a good place. Though it's mainly about home theatre set ups there is some very knowledgable people on there.

M

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]