FORUMS: list search recent posts

Out of Memory !!

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rivai Chen
Out of Memory !!
on Mar 26, 2012 at 6:23:21 pm

I have enough of this message keep coming up. Davinci out of memory !

We load all footages R3D in master session for doing post conform. After conforming 6 reels..this message keep coming.

We have red rocket card. How do we clean up the master timeline so we load only what we need ?

Blackmagic, you guys really need to watch over this. It becomes not suitable for feature projects where we tends to load huge amount of files. When will you release x64 version ?

Any way to solve this bloody message ?

Rivai

Return to posts index

Sascha Haber
Re: Out of Memory !!
on Mar 26, 2012 at 6:58:09 pm

I second this

A slice of color...

DaVinci 8.2.1 OSX 10.7.2
MacPro 5.1 2x2,4 24GB
RAID0 8TB
GTX 470 / Quadro 4000
Extreme 3D+

ICA Instructor
http://www.icolorist.com/Sascha.html

Return to posts index

Martin Wehding
on Mar 27, 2012 at 7:34:32 pm

We have just had the exact same issue. A huge amount of R3D material for 6 reels. Our solution was to create a project for each reel, now it runs smooth. But it's not the perfect way to work, because it's always nice to be able to use reference grabs on all reels. So i started to inestigate how to 'consolidate' the r3d material.
I found out that redcine x actually have this feature. it's called r3d trim. I have tested the entire workflow om a short timeline (just for the testing purpose). and it actually works. redcine x will generate a new folder for each clip and place a trimmed version of the original clip that folder, the name will be the same as he original.
the only issue i had, was that it seems that redcine x will ignore my handles. so i ended up with clips that had the exact lenght, not adding the 12 frames i configured it to.
BUT it conformed nicely in DaVinci, and i only had the material in the mediapoll i needed :-)

all the best
martin

Return to posts index

Rivai Chen
on Mar 28, 2012 at 3:06:23 am

Thanks for replying Martin, that's certainly one way to tackle this problem temporary..

We ended up doing it reel by reel in each project. The ref is grab from gallery

No reply from Davinci, i wonder if they saw this thread. I know there're other users who complain the same thing. If that was the limitation in free Davinci Lite, i cant complain. But we are using fully license Davinci..i hope it performed better

Next version, i dont want to see this anymore, i hope

Rivai

Return to posts index

Jimmy Christensen
on Mar 28, 2012 at 9:10:27 pm

The Windows version is 64-bit....

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]