FORUMS: list search recent posts

Remote grading: lets do it right

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Javier Sanchez
Remote grading: lets do it right
on Mar 25, 2012 at 5:37:15 pm

Hi all
Could anyone do a right list to do color grading on rsolve suites out off the house net.

Thats what i get:
1. Make project on 1st resolve
2. Export+ project and media to 2nd resolve
3... Ctrl+g where/when? Wich ip, if client is using router... Setup vpn tunel. The ip dynamic... I'm not a net genious :( but i have to guess how to remote grading from chile (colorist) to SantoDomingo (client)
Manual is not realy clear on this issue.
Regards

Return to posts index

Arno Beekman
Re: Remote grading: lets do it right
on Mar 25, 2012 at 7:13:32 pm

I tried this a while ago.

You first need a postgresql server on a computer with access to the LAN and WAN.
Important here is that the PSQL version must match the one installed by Resolve.

The make sure there's no firewall block outside access to the PSQL server (port 5432).

Once all that is running, anyone should be able to connect to your database and
projects created by Resolve. (And anything else in the database so take a close look
at how to secure your DB with accounts and passwords on the postgresql website!!!)

I haven't tested this thoroughly, just got it to work.
I'll be setting this up in a bug environment soon though.

greets
Arno

Return to posts index

jake blackstone
Re: Remote grading: lets do it right
on Mar 26, 2012 at 3:20:38 am

Where did you get this idea for remote grading? Way to come up with rube goldberg solution:-)
Here are necessary steps:
1. Conform the project on either Resolve, export the project and send it to the other party.
2. The other party needs to import the project and change the directory, so all files are relinked.
3.For the master station (the colorist's Resolve) you need to port forward port 15000 to the inside ip address of the master Resolve computer. Or just expose the Resolve computer to DMZ.
4. On the slave Resolve do a "CMD G" and enter the outside ip address of the master Resolve. Leave port 15000 alone.
5. Accept the invite on the Master Resolve.
Done.
For more info, check out http://remotegrading.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]