FORUMS: list search recent posts

FSI LM2461W first thoughts...

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Boris Tivchev
FSI LM2461W first thoughts...
on Mar 18, 2012 at 7:10:24 pm

Hi,

After reading all the great things about this monitor here on the COW, i managed to convince my employer to get us one to use with DaVInci. It finally arrived yesterday after a few weeks delay which is uderstandable since we are based in Bulgaria, EU.

Im really exited about this monitor even though it does definitely look green which made me panic a little. After reading around the forum I am now willing to accept it as correct. Just finished grading a 40min episode of a TV serial which will be broadcast on Tuesday...Really hoping it all looks close to the FSI monitor so my "green fears" would go away.

What is disturbing though is the weird marks i just realized i can see on the screen. I took a quick photo with my mobile. Poor quality but the marks can still be seen. Will get a better pic with my Canon tomorrow.

On the monitor i dont see the big red in the middle. What i do see is the two lines that run accros the screen and the two little spots on each end of those lines amongst other things. I actually saw them on a pan over a "white" wall while grading.

What do you guys think? This is not good, is it? Im actually still nervous to tell my boss of this issue... Need to have a plan of action before i do.

Ive read so much about FSI'c fantastic customer service... Its just that returning it would be time and money consuming. Need advice... Bram?

Return to posts index

Margus Voll
Re: FSI LM2461W first thoughts...
on Mar 19, 2012 at 9:10:46 am

Hi.

I would contact FSI and show them the picture and ask what they think and go from there?

--

Margus

http://iconstudios.eu

Return to posts index

Bram Desmet
on Mar 19, 2012 at 12:57:51 pm

Boris, if you have an issue with a monitor you should really contact us immediately at support@flandersscientific.com, especially if you suspect damage to a new unit as we have a very finite window to make a claim with the shipper. We had to find out second hand from another FSI user that you were asking for my advice on a forum that I do not regularly check. We take photos of every monitor before it ships with both a solid white and grey field and I can confirm that there were no marks as described on this panel when it shipped. Please send the higher quality photo of what you are seeing to support@flandersscientific.com so we can try and determine if this is screen damaged or perhaps something else is going on.

Your unit as it shipped:

Bram Desmet
FSI (Flanders Scientific, Inc.)
http://www.FlandersScientific.com

Return to posts index

Sascha Haber
on Mar 20, 2012 at 12:55:01 pm

Wow, respect...thats what I call service :)

A slice of color...

DaVinci 8.2.1 OSX 10.7.2
MacPro 5.1 2x2,4 24GB
RAID0 8TB
GTX 470 / Quadro 4000
Extreme 3D+

ICA Instructor
http://www.icolorist.com/Sascha.html

Return to posts index

Boris Tivchev
on Mar 20, 2012 at 2:15:11 pm

Absolutely! Bram has been most helpful about my issue and that is greatly appreciated!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]