FORUMS: list search recent posts

Image Stabilization in Resolve 8.2

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
suny behar
Image Stabilization in Resolve 8.2
on Mar 17, 2012 at 9:37:47 am

Hey gang,

Working on some ALEXA footage in Resolve and have an issue with the Image Stabilization. I created a timeline with several shots that require image stabilization. I proceed to analyze, dial in and stabilize each shot. Watch it back, all looks good. I save my project. Quit out, open the timeline back again, and all the stabilization work is gone.... What gives?

Also, how can you tell if a shot has been stabilized? There are no markings, no indicators of even kind to let me know if a shot has been stabilized or not (unlike the object tracker that leaves an annotation on the bottom right corner of every clip icon).

Help?

Return to posts index

Dmitry Kitsov
Re: Image Stabilization in Resolve 8.2
on Mar 17, 2012 at 11:56:15 pm

Curios if it related to Input/Sizing bug.

Return to posts index

Dmitry Kitsov
on Mar 18, 2012 at 12:08:49 am

Yes, it does seem that "Basemem"-ing any node results in the reset of Input/Sizing and Stabilization.

Return to posts index

Rohit Gupta
on Mar 18, 2012 at 11:23:16 am

Hi,

I just checked this today, and the stabilization definitely seems to stick for me. As Dmitry points out above, it could be that you might have Basemem'ed this during your grade. If you don't want to affect the PTZR/Stabilization for color correction basemem, I would recommend setting the "Current Mode" toggle to Color. It's a 3 way toggle, All/Color/PTZR. It can be accessed in the Session Menu. The timeline at the bottom right of the color will indicate which mode you are in currently.

Regards,
Rohit

Return to posts index

suny behar
on Mar 18, 2012 at 5:51:27 pm

Thanks Rohit,

Here's the thing though. I simply finished the grade in the timeline. Watched back to see that all the image stabilization work was good. Saved. Exited. Opened a new timeline. Did some work there. Saved. Came back to my image stabilization timeline just to render it out and the work I had done was gone. I would understand a Basemem clearing this out, but I hadn't touched anything I that sequence!
Here's a simple question. When looking at the timeline in the Color window, how can I tell which clip has Image Stabilization applied to it to verify if it is still working on the clips I did ? (other than to manually watch them all one by one ?) is there an icon? A color bar? Anything to indicate that that particular clip does contain image stabilization? I know this exists for object tracking, but can't find it for image stabilization...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]