FORUMS: list search recent posts

PC Z800 ultrastudio Audio weirdness

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
nigel gourley
PC Z800 ultrastudio Audio weirdness
on Mar 15, 2012 at 8:07:15 pm

We are stil experimenting..

we have a Z800 and an Ultrastudio. We are monitoring HDMI pic and sound. The pictures are fine the audio which shows correctly in the timeline plays but has long gaps of silence, maybe 10 secs and then a couple of seconds working and then 10 secs of silence. No errors, the timeline is playing and playing at the correct frame rate clearly on the timeline the audio is continuous it's just the output. Everything else works fine.

I can't figure out why or really anything to adjust. It's a wav file.

Return to posts index

Peter Chamberlain
Re: PC Z800 ultrastudio Audio weirdness
on Mar 16, 2012 at 6:33:11 am

Hi, can you just confirm - is it a HP Z800 and UltraStudio SDI?
I don't believe the HP has a USB 3.0 port so you may have the UltraStudio SDI on a limited bandwidth USB 2.0 which may be your problem.
Peter

Return to posts index

nigel gourley
on Mar 16, 2012 at 9:46:39 am

Hi there,

USB 3 card.. latest drivers for everything. It does work with media express. So I can play sound and vision from the same source in media express with no problem. It only doesn't work in resolve..

Return to posts index

Peter Chamberlain
on Mar 16, 2012 at 10:21:54 am

Ok, that's a start. Can you detail the slot use, which USB3 card and GPUs etc. How long is the clip, size of wav. etc. etc... As this is not one of the configs in our guide I'm not sure at this stage what to suggest.
Peter

Return to posts index

nigel gourley
on Mar 16, 2012 at 10:51:51 am

Hi there,

Yes that's a fair comment, we are experimenting and I know not a suggested config. It's not a big thing for us and to do with us needing media composer v 5.5 on as well.

If it's a specific curiousity with our set up thats fine, rather than something we can change.

Thanks

NIge

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]