FORUMS: list search recent posts

TrackX (Cow won't let me use the subject word I want) instructions

COW Forums : CoreMelt Plug-ins

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
tj Shank
TrackX (Cow won't let me use the subject word I want) instructions
on Feb 15, 2014 at 10:07:00 pm

Hi,

Trying the demo - can't see or adjust the tracking area after first application because of a large box giving me rudimentary 'help' instructions plastered over the image. I can only get rid of the instructions by drawing a new shape - can't edit the original one because I can't see it. Don't find that aspect all that helpful.
So far TrackX hasn't been able to successfully track any of the 4 shots I've tried it on. I can manually keyframe....but I could do that before I installed this plug.
What am I missing? (Yes, I've watched the online tutorial).

Thanks,
TJ Shank

Return to posts index

Eberhard Ammelt
Re: TrackX (Cow won't let me use the subject word I want) instructions
on Feb 17, 2014 at 9:34:21 am

Hello,
you mean 'Simple Tracker', where the instructions box appears?
I'm not sure I understand you correctly, as you should be able to edit the shape when the box is shown.
If the shape points' handles are not visible, you need to select the shape by clicking into the shape to make them visible.
You can get rid of the box by assigning a clip in the 'Insert Layer' parameter, or you can lower the effect's blend level to better see the clip behind the box.

What happens when you try to track? Is there any error message? Does the playhead not move then, or does it move but the track is incorrect?

Regards, Eberhard

Return to posts index

tj Shank
on Feb 17, 2014 at 6:35:54 pm

Hi Eberhard,

Yes, I do mean 'Simple Tracker' (sorry, should have said at the beginning). My problem is that the 'helpful instructions' do not go away once I've drawn the selection box - and if I want to refine the selection, I can't see the image, only the instructions with the selection box over them. I can, of course change the shape and position of the selection box, but I can't see the image behind so I can tell where to move it to. I will try to lower the blend level as you suggest, but it would be very helpful if I could turn the instructions OFF. After the first time or two using the plugin, I don't really need them and they are in the way.
When I try to track, the software seems to run as intended, but doesn't track more than a few frames before losing the track and in some cases doesn't track a single frame. Perhaps the footage I used to test with is particularly challenging, but as an experiment, I tried to track it in After Effects without much problem.

Thanks for the reply,

TJ

Return to posts index

Eberhard Ammelt
on Feb 18, 2014 at 9:26:48 am

Regarding the tracking problem I can't give an advice without knowing your video. I suggest to try to change the tracking options.

Regards, Eberhard

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]