FORUMS: list search recent posts

Using SliceX to create garbage matte

COW Forums : CoreMelt Plug-ins

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert Croy
Using SliceX to create garbage matte
on Jan 16, 2014 at 1:45:07 pm

I am trying to use SliceX to create garbage mattes with the background being a green screen. My subject is just a person standing up talking. When SliceX tracks it starts the bounding box skews with the upper right point of the box going up. Essentially it is creating a parallelogram. Eventually the bounding box collapses so that the area it is masking is is only about 1/3 the height of the subject. Frustrating. Am I trying to do something that SliceX is not capable of doing?

Return to posts index

Eberhard Ammelt
Re: Using SliceX to create garbage matte
on Jan 16, 2014 at 2:13:38 pm

Hello,
please check the tracker options. It sounds like you are allowing perspective transformations, but you might get better results with allowing only for translations, scaling and rotations in this case.

Regards, Eberhard

Return to posts index

Robert Croy
on Jan 16, 2014 at 2:20:40 pm

My tracking options are set to the default, translations, scaling and rotations, medium quality and drift comp off.

Return to posts index

Eberhard Ammelt
on Jan 16, 2014 at 2:31:00 pm

Ok, the Mocha tracker requires that the object to track is in a single plane, and there's little internal motion of the object.
When tracking a whole person, both requirements may not be sufficiently fulfilled. You may get better results when you track e.g. only the person's body and then after tracking resize/reshape the mask to the needed size.

Eberhard

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]