FORUMS: list search recent posts

New L&LX

COW Forums : CoreMelt Plug-ins

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Yuri Radaev
New L&LX
on Jan 28, 2010 at 2:02:05 am

Congratulations with the release of new version! Unfortunately it is still sensitive to camera flashes and choppy play any HDV or ProResHD video. :(

Return to posts index

Eberhard Ammelt
Re: New L&LX
on Jan 28, 2010 at 12:39:19 pm

When you notice tracking problems due to flashes, you could use key frames to reduce stabilization for that movie portion. Lock & Load renders very quickly, don't you see this choppy playback with other fxplug filters?

Eberhard

Return to posts index

Yuri Radaev
on Jan 28, 2010 at 5:04:33 pm

in my case (UnlimitedRT):
CC 3way + Lyric Shadow-Highlight(free plugin) + C2 Dewrinkler(trial) + SmoothCam play smooth in HDV sequence at medium quality.
CC 3way + SmoothCam play smooth in HDV sequence at high quality.

for example:
L&L frames took 25 sec. to render 215 HDV interlaced frames in FCP6.0.6
SmoothCam took 23 sec. to render same footage.

my config. is quadcore 2,66 4gb ram and OSX 10.5.8

RT playing is wery useful to fast control any tracking problems and eliminate them by keyframes. L&L play at 8-5fps (i think) like a slideshow (high or medium quality it doesn't matter).

have you tested L&L with any HDV interlaced footage? What results have you got?

Return to posts index

Eberhard Ammelt
on Jan 29, 2010 at 5:50:37 pm

With an interlaced HDV clip in FCP 7 the playback frame rate is noticeably less than real time on my MacPro, while it's real time in Motion 4. Lock & Load renders on the GPU. I suspect the difference is due to the different GPU rendering implementation in FCP and Motion.

Eberhard

Return to posts index

Yuri Radaev
on Jan 29, 2010 at 6:39:09 pm

CoreMelt C2 Dewrinkler works fine and smooth with medium quality. Is it possible to do the same in L&L? For FinalCut of course...
Also there is a proposal to make the following possibilities:
1. correct tracking with camera flashes - wery important
2. possibility to define the important area of frame AFTER tracking without retracking. center area, whole frame or border - where is motion need to be stabilized.
3. correct stabilize when big object moving across screen (The camcorder comes out from behind the wall). i tried to eliminate jumping with keyframes, but they work bad. :(

Also the fast batch external tracker (standalone) which stores tracking information in external files (like smoothcam) is wery handy. Seriously. :)
Thanks for your answers.

Return to posts index

Eberhard Ammelt
on Jan 30, 2010 at 11:13:31 am

There shouldn't be a noticeable difference in render speed between C2 Dewrinkler and Lock & Load. Actually, I'd expect Lock & Load to render faster.
Thanks for your other suggestions, we're considering them seriously.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]